Bushcraft bling!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Hmm...
When the two main selling points seem to be that you can carry it without it being found by sensors, and that it is strong enough so you can carve your name in an aircraft window...well, you have to wonder about the bell-ends who make it and their reasons...

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
Hmm...
When the two main selling points seem to be that you can carry it without it being found by sensors, and that it is strong enough so you can carve your name in an aircraft window...well, you have to wonder about the bell-ends who make it and their reasons...

Bell-ends sums them up for me too. Easily the most idiotic write up for a product I've ever seen.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I'm sure they can be detected. Maybe not by metal detectors but the x ray scanners will light em up like a pinball machine........ How to miss your flight 101 lol

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
Ok...apart from the 'reason' it was made......I wonder how it would perform?
I don't much like the tanto shape...an' it looks a little small t' be used in general 'bushcrafty' ways......(I doubt it would survive 'Drews' battoning technique anyway..lol)..Would the edge be as good as they claim?...:eek:...

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
I'm sure they can be detected. Maybe not by metal detectors but the x ray scanners will light em up like a pinball machine........ How to miss your flight 101 lol

I doubt it'll end at missing the flight, I suspect a pleasant sojourn in HMP Belmarsh will be in order whilst the authorities try to decide what you were doing with a piece of kit like that. I know what the Cap'n means by it being interesting, but take it on a plane? The accused pleads being a b'lend m'lud...
:lmao:

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
It appears to be a specific purpose knife.

The non metal construction using extremely hard material to form a short Tanto blade indicate the intended purpose to be a discreet, personal weapon.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If caught carrying one on an aircraft or trying to carry one on onboard I believe you should serve prison time, thats one bang out order weapon, simply awful :(

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
By its very nature the thing is illegal.

Just like the ceramic knives it's designed to be invisible to xray. So it's a prohibited weapon under the Criminal Justice Act 1988.

That said, it'd be totally useless but a nice talking point;

"My other knife's a sapphire!".

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Ok...apart from the 'reason' it was made......I wonder how it would perform?
I don't much like the tanto shape...an' it looks a little small t' be used in general 'bushcrafty' ways......(I doubt it would survive 'Drews' battoning technique anyway..lol)..Would the edge be as good as they claim?...:eek:...

aside from the shape not being very good as a general purpose knife, I'd say it wouldn't be any better or worse than alot of knives. A tad brittle I expect and the blade is quite thick, so it wouldn't cut very easily. Otherwise, it could be viewed as a lithic tool, so capable of taking a great edge but not holding it (fragile)

Obviously I'm ignoring the BS to do with legality, 'intended' purpose, etc ;)

Cap'n Badger

Maker
Jul 18, 2006
Port o' Cardiff
aside from the shape not being very good as a general purpose knife, I'd say it wouldn't be any better or worse than alot of knives. A tad brittle I expect and the blade is quite thick, so it wouldn't cut very easily. Otherwise, it could be viewed as a lithic tool, so capable of taking a great edge but not holding it (fragile)

Obviously I'm ignoring the BS to do with legality, 'intended' purpose, etc ;)

Cheers Davey, kinda the answer i was after. I was trying t see ifin it had the same properties as say flint.
but cheers everyone for the input....an' NO I don't wanna hijack a plane wi' it! :p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE