Bushcraft: An Inspirational Guide to Surviving the Wilderness

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Yikes!! - I sold a copy of that book to Sean (Mental Nurse?) at Middlewood for £8.

It's effectively a reprint of his first three books. Also one of his other books which is the same size and has a different ISDN and cover, but apart from that EVERY PAGE is identical (text, images, layout, etc, etc).

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Is this book a reprint or preprint of another book or a book in its own right?...It seems very expensive. Is so on ebay too.

No I don't think that it is a reprint, nor is it hard to get, however its not uncommon to find Amazon's marketplace partners offering books for outrageously high prices in the hope that someone will 'bite'. If you search Amazon for Mors Kochanski's pocket booklets they are for sale on Amazon UK for about £40 each, they are not out of print and you can buy them from Mors's own website for $4 each...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Basic-Wilde...=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1234511455&sr=1-3

If it's a book you want, your local bookseller (preferably a small independent one) should be able to source one for much less.

:)

It's effectively a reprint of his first three books. Also one of his other books which is the same size and has a different ISDN and cover, but apart from that EVERY PAGE is identical (text, images, layout, etc, etc).

No I don't think that it is a reprint, nor is it hard to get

OK, that's one vote for each then. :D :D :D

It must be quite hard to get if Amazon don't stock it themselves at all.

They don't have the paperback, either. But it doesn't have the subtitle. It's Here.

The Survival Handbook (1990)
The Outdoor Survival Handbook (1992)
Ray Mears' World of Survival (1997)
Bushcraft (2002)

Those are his first four books. Is it really a compilation of the first three?

Essential Bushcraft (2003)
The Real Heroes of Telemark: The True Story of the Secret Mission to Stop Hitler's Atomic Bomb (2003)
Ray Mears' Bushcraft Survival (2005)
Wild Food by Ray Mears & Gordon Hillman (2007)
Ray Mears Goes Walkabout (2008)
Vanishing World - A Life of Bushcraft (2008)

Or is it Essential Bushcraft which is the compilation?

The wikipedia entry seems to associate the 2002 book with the Bushcraft series. That's not right because it didn't come out until 2004 and is associated with the Bushcraft Survival book.

I'm still confused :)

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
It is vaguely associated with the bushcraft series and not a reprint of his other books. It is basically the same as Ray Mears' essential bushcraft which is just a smaller verison and currently on amazon UK for 9.99, one of the comments even talks about it being the same book.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It is vaguely associated with the bushcraft series and not a reprint of his other books. It is basically the same as Ray Mears' essential bushcraft which is just a smaller verison and currently on amazon UK for 9.99, one of the comments even talks about it being the same book.

What he said

It`s the full fat version of the Essential Bushcraft book based on the Bushcraft series.

It can still be found in those cheapo book shops from time to time. Ray was still selling it on his website the last time I looked but it looks like it`s not there anymore.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE