Bushbuddy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Thanks for trying it does sound a little weird I have kept thier Email in which it clearly states that the ones they have left are for thier own market I might just go ahead and see what deal I can get with the Bushbuddy co.
Ps the site has been down here aswell for a few days If you get anymore info let me know

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I have found a website for the company that actually manufactures the Bushcooker, rather than qvist who just seem to sell it. Maybe your have more luck getting a deal through them?

http://www.bushcooker.eu/
did you get anymore info other than that one web page I had a look at it before and it just goes to a invoice page with no more details of the company

jonquirk

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2007
Guildford
I did a double-take when I saw the Dutch web page: the pot looks like the Primus Li-Tech trek kettle, which is exactly what I use with my Bushbuddy: The frying pan lid is just the right size to make a bannock with half a cup of bannock mix. I paid £46 for my Bushbuddy, direct from Fritz Handel and the trek kettle is £18 (£20 -10% discount) at Cotswold Outdoors so I'm all kitted up for £64.

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I did a double-take when I saw the Dutch web page: the pot looks like the Primus Li-Tech trek kettle, which is exactly what I use with my Bushbuddy: The frying pan lid is just the right size to make a bannock with half a cup of bannock mix. I paid £46 for my Bushbuddy, direct from Fritz Handel and the trek kettle is £18 (£20 -10% discount) at Cotswold Outdoors so I'm all kitted up for £64.

It just shows it pays to shop around well done

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
If you can wait a bit the customs charge limit is rising, you may be able to do a deal with a supplier and not pay any duty on individual buys.

http://www.britishgaming.co.uk/?p=363

I have al;eady started to notice less stuff nearer the limit gettting pulled, maybe the C+E just can't be arsed as much.

jonquirk

Tenderfoot
Sep 24, 2007
Guildford
My Bushbuddy arrived by post, unmolested by Customs. Fritz packs each stove in a wooden box and wraps that in brown paper. A more uninteresting package (from the outside) you could not wish to find. Of course, once it's open...

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Not really apart from if you click the ordering link on the main site it opens up this email address:

info@wildeurope.nl

You may as well give it a try.

Think this is the same company, the web design is the same as qvist.. And the guy definalty said he was buying some more from the bushcraft meet in the UK!! anyhow yes thats the primus I have one it contains a simon meths stove at the moment. But I would like to replace it with the woodburner to compliment the trangia meths stove..

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
My Bushbuddy arrived by post, unmolested by Customs. Fritz packs each stove in a wooden box and wraps that in brown paper. A more uninteresting package (from the outside) you could not wish to find. Of course, once it's open...

How long id yours take to arrive from when you placed your order

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Got the BB today what can I say If you haven't got one get one it is one great bit of kit I have spent a lot more on kit in the past and its been Cr@p this is a great bit of kit and does what it says on the label the guy has a direct connection with his product it tells from the the spiel to the packaging I managed to make a brew in about 7 mins although it was a little windy
the only draw back was the soot but it did wipe of quiet easily

Attachments

• bluebells 019.jpg
    bluebells 019.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 320

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Looks good. How did you manage to get hold of one in the end, I thought they would only sell to the Dutch Market?

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Looks good. How did you manage to get hold of one in the end, I thought they would only sell to the Dutch Market?
Still no reply from qvist regarding theirs, got one from FH Canada avoided any extra charge as it was sent as a sample and bought the trek cookset from cotswald outdoors

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE