Bushbuddy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Podcast Bob

Best of luck Woodstock.

I've been in contact with Fritz at BB for over a year trying to get him to look at us distributing to the UK market and certainly have promoted the hell out of the BB in the various forums and podcasts I've been involved with.

Not the easiest person to deal with, and as a potential distributor, still thinks it acceptable to sell direct from Canada even though you may have bought 100 in stock and have an agreement signed!

As each one is hand made to a very high standard, I very much doubt he could manufacture enough to satisfy more than a cottage industry demand. However I could be wrong.

The Dutch product is a direct copy and I've already been in discussions with Peter to do exactly the same thing, but in his case the product is made in Poland and he doesn't have much stock each delivery to service the UK. We are still chatting about this though and if it comes off I'll let everyone know.

In the meantime I have been pursuing a 'wood gas' stove project in the UK, and have found it incredibly frustrating to not be able to get anything of a similar quality made here. Getting hold of the material is one thing, knowing how to work it and Plasma weld it is another. The 9 companies I've tried so far, all have admitted they love the unique design, but are more interested in high volume metal bashing, to make it cost effective!

So I'm having to rework it, and see if I can come up with a new design which is less 'sexy', but more suitable for the manufacturing industry we have here. It is any wonder our economy is going down the pan and people who want to have products made, are being forced to look at Eastern Europe or Asia?

I'm off to the European Outdoor trade fair in Friedrichsaven later this month and already the PR is pushing the eco-friendly, green, recycling element in the exhibition. I'll be interested to see if anyone else has anything similar in their 2009 range and will be reporting back in my podcasts to I'm sure, an interested UK audience.

bert333

Settler
Jan 15, 2008
Earth- for awhile longer...
Handy tip Bert if I had known they did another I would have gone with yours what is the price difference

about £28 I think but that is because this pot set actually comes with a gas burner inside that I did not expect! so its a wee bonus - although I use the Primus Multi-fuel burner as well - in some places like Africa you must leave the wood for the locals/nomads to use. I take both - give me the best flexibility.
So the multi fuel is ideal and one heck of a stove.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Best of luck Woodstock.

I've been in contact with Fritz at BB for over a year trying to get him to look at us distributing to the UK market and certainly have promoted the hell out of the BB in the various forums and podcasts I've been involved with.

economy is going down the pan and people who want to have products made, are being forced to look at Eastern Europe or Asia?

and will be reporting back in my podcasts to I'm sure, an interested UK audience.

Seems you have it covered Pod let us know how it pans out

about £28 I think but that is because this pot set actually comes with a gas burner inside that I did not expect! so its a wee bonus - although I use the Primus Multi-fuel burner as well - in some places like Africa you must leave the wood for the locals/nomads to use. I take both - give me the best flexibility.
So the multi fuel is ideal and one heck of a stove.

We might do that one as a group buy and leave Pod with the BB dilema

Aliwren

Nomad
Jan 2, 2006
Bedford
I really liked the look of the bush buddy and as this thread appeared to have stalled abit I decided to order one direct from Canada, just collected it from the post office and it looks a great bit of kit very well made and quite compact. I will have a play later this afternoon, its too hot to be playing with fire at the moment!! .

I also however had a £15.44 customs charge (£8 of which was admin fee for the post office) to pay on top of the cost of the BB, I know it can be abit hit and miss who and when you get charged but you may wish to factor it in to costing considrations if anyone else orders direct.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I contacted the site in the Netherlands again still no feedback have used my bushbuddy a no of times now with great effect it is a great bit of kit I just don't know why he is reluctant to let others sell it for him.if anyone has tips or hints on things they found worked please post

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I contacted the site in the Netherlands again still no feedback have used my bushbuddy a no of times now with great effect it is a great bit of kit I just don't know why he is reluctant to let others sell it for him.if anyone has tips or hints on things they found worked please post

I've contacted him before I went to the Moot. Due to holidays (as said on the website) they could only reply somwhere in the first week of August ... So he did ...
He does the Bushbuddy (available per end of August) for around 67 Euro. (That's including the 10% discount you get when you order and pay now, and receive when the Bb is available.

:confused:

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
I've contacted him before I went to the Moot. Due to holidays (as said on the website) they could only reply somwhere in the first week of August ... So he did ...
He does the Bushbuddy (available per end of August) for around 67 Euro. (That's including the 10% discount you get when you order and pay now, and receive when the Bb is available.

:confused:

Got jarred off waiting for qvist ordered direct from fritz cost including postage 63 euros

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE