Bushbuddy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Possibly...I've been thinking about one of these for some time. Problem may be import duty /VAT if several stoves are sent as one package. I understand from the supplier that individual purchases sometimes get through without additional charges, and sometimes don't.

Geoff

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Has anyone done a group buy for the bush buddy woodgas burning stove as I wanted to purchace one and wanted to know if anyone else was interested
http://www.bushbuddy.ca/

I was thinking about one of these but found them a tad expensive..

However I think this is the same thing, and being in the netherlands and in the eu you would probabaly be better off with regard to importe duties..

these are 69 euros with no tax problems as apposed to 100 Dollars and possibley paying import tax..

Not sure if they are the same though!

http://www.qvist.nl/AA ADVERTENTIES/BushCooker.jpg

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else

However I think this is the same thing, and being in the netherlands and in the eu you would probabaly be better off with regard to importe duties..

these are 69 euros with no tax problems as apposed to 100 Dollars and possibley paying import tax..

That almost looks Identical do they have a web site I'll also look in to a group buy price

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I've had a look and it looks excellent value works out with shipping about 100 euros and thats with the kettle I have Emailed them in regards to a possible group buy to see what sort of discount they could offer

ddokkum

Forager
Feb 16, 2007
The Netherlands

In Holland you can buy goods up to 175 euro from the US without paying import taxes.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
I've had a look and it looks excellent value works out with shipping about 100 euros and thats with the kettle I have Emailed them in regards to a possible group buy to see what sort of discount they could offer

I can call them from here if you like zwolle is about 20 minutes up the road from my place!! I could pop up and speak face to face and brokarage a deal if you don't get any joy via email l??
let me knoe how you get on

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I can call them from here if you like zwolle is about 20 minutes up the road from my place!! I could pop up and speak face to face and brokarage a deal if you don't get any joy via email l??

That would be great I got a e mail back from the company today the price goes down when you order over 5 items unfortunately they are not shipping to the UK or over seas markets until after june july time I personally need one before that so if you send me a note to say what it will cost you to send one to the uk I'll send you the cost beforehand and I can try it before we make a group buy
Thanks for your help

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else

Did you have any luck contacting the company the ones they have left are for the Dutch market only
cheers

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
I've just got a Bushbuddy and used it for the first time last week. Works a treat and uses very little fuel (I boiled a pint of water in 9 minutes-ish using pencil-thick twigs and some birch bark). If the Dutch version is a copy then it looks a good bet.

BTW: I find the the "speed" figures for different heating methods a bit of a false trail. Some gas or alcohol stoves boil quicker than others but use the same or even more fuel to do so - how is this comparable? With a real fire stove you just wait. Who's in a hurry anyway?

woodstock

Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
[ how is this comparable? With a real fire stove you just wait. Who's in a hurry anyway?[/QUOTE]

exactly whats the hurry in the 8 mins it takes to boil Go and get on with other things

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Did you have any luck contacting the company the ones they have left are for the Dutch market only
cheers

Mmm well he told me that they have no stock right now at all this is going to be replenished in August. Right after a bush craft meeting in the UK.. So my guess is that somewhere in the UK somebody else is selling them.. I will give this guy another call in August and see what happens.. sorry about the delay orum has been unavailable for me for a number of days.. not sure why..

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE