'Bush buddy' vent hole question.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
By what I can gather, it seems 'Bush Buddy' stoves don't have vents at the bottom of the inner can - only a grid around halfway down and vents around the top of the inner can. Can anyone who owns the genuine article confirm this? Thanks.

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi
I have just had a look at my bushbuddy and although at first glance there are no holes below the grill of the inner can on closer inspection there are vent slots cut around the edges just below where the grill is supported.
I hope this info helps unfortunately it would be difficult to take photos of the slots, but the stove works really well and I can highly recommend them

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Hi
I have just had a look at my bushbuddy and although at first glance there are no holes below the grill of the inner can on closer inspection there are vent slots cut around the edges just below where the grill is supported.
I hope this info helps unfortunately it would be difficult to take photos of the slots, but the stove works really well and I can highly recommend them

What Chas said.

teflon

Tenderfoot
Apr 22, 2009
Salisbury
Many thanks for the quick replies. As you might have guessed, I have been making them and wanted to make sure. I'm about halfway through the third one and will add some vents. Funny - they still worked without them, though they did need a fire-lighter to get them going - which is why I asked. Thanks again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE