Bumbling around Bristol..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

alkier

May 10, 2010
Bristol
Hey folks I just discovered how to use imageshack without spamming everyone with pics the size of a sports stadium so I thought I would show everyone here whats on offer if you're ever in Bristol!

This is just a little walk from the city centre and just over the suspension bridge (which if you were visiting bristol you might end up wanting to see anyway).

This is the view from the side of the bridge closest to the centre:

And another with a bit more foliage on offer!:

This is a view from the bridge itself:

Here's a shot from just over the bridge:

Just over the bridge you enter somerset and everything turns very green! On entering the forest things look like this:

While wondering about i found someone else has decided to test out some Bushcraft skills:

It hit about 9am so I decided to have some soup for breakfast:

Theres a load of paths for people who want to go for a run/bike ride:

Its not exactly great because theres not a good sense of being 'alone' but if you're very quiet and you get a break from some cyclists tearing through the woods you can sometimes see some deer:

This one had his little head poking out of the vegetation, its a bit hard to see because i was using a poor quality camera phone :confused:

Looks a bit like someone was trying to make a bit of a shelter here...with a bit of it sunk into the ground maybe worth considering for a ninjacamp?...

Theres some great views of nothing but forest from inside:

Then i realised id not been paying attention to where i was walking and looked ahead of me...

And behind me..

Then realised I had to backtrack for ages to find my way out.

Learnt an abject lesson that day...

Anywho, Thanks for taking a look.
Hopefully if you ever come to Bristol you'll take a look.
Its a great place for a nice day out!

Alk

Last edited:

alkier

May 10, 2010
Bristol
I'll try to get the pics of a recent trip up to scotland on here too soon, i know theres a lot of people who are after information about bushcrafting up north!

adriatikfan

May 23, 2010
North Yorkshire
Alkier - many years ago I lived and studied in Bristol.

I clearly remember a brilliant walk from Parry's Lane - wher I lived for a while - down to a semi-wooded area with a stream and old mill which then opened up into a much larger area a little further along the path from the mill but I can't locate it on Google Earth - maybe my memory of the direction at the bottom of Parry's Lane is a little shaky??

I loved my time in Bristol. In a different lifetime with different personal circumstances I may well have settled there for good. A stroll around Clifton and then a walk over the bridge or maybe up to Cabot's Hill and a look at the remarkable camera obscura was the highlight of many a sunny weekend. Oh well!

Best Wishes
David
David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE