Bug Out Bag, which one ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Deepest Darkest Derbyshire
I've had one for about a year and used it pretty much daily, albeit not in the role you envisage. Mine has been used as an Daily carry and travel bag bag, but I haven't looked after it and it's held up well and still looks good. You'll have no problems carrying the stuff you list with room to spare and the padded compartment has accommodated and protected both my iPad and my 13" MacBook nicely. It's well-made too. Perhaps not MaxP or Kifaru quality, but you aren't paying their kind of money for it either. Certainly better than Snugpak quality and Chinese knock-offs.
I think it's remarkable value for the price and I have had lots of Kifaru, MaxP, Mystery Ranch, Karrimor and Berghaus kit over the years, so I'd like to think my opinion is informed.
If you want any pics or more details, drop me a PM.

Ta for the reply, sounds like the bags are good in use, and a bit extra room to spare would also be handy as occasionaly a thin insulator goes in too. Do the molle straps catch at all on anything as you're toting the bag ? that's the only real drawback I can see in it at the moment ?

Also are the zips as heavy duty as they look ? I can't stand flimsy zips as a f*cked zip usually kaputts the bag / sack. Nice to know it has a padded compartment too, always come in handy for something or other :)

Cheers, Sp :confused:

Spartan

Forager
Jun 5, 2010
Deepest Darkest Derbyshire
I noticed a helikon wombat in the trades section about 10 mins ago...

sent from my windswept fell using Tapatalk 4

Thanks, I had seen that for sale on another forum, thing is I can get a new one for only £6 more, so a bit pointless buying s/h, but I'll have a think about it, thankyou for the heads up.

Cheers, Sp

beachlover

Aug 28, 2004
Isle of Wight
Ta for the reply, sounds like the bags are good in use, and a bit extra room to spare would also be handy as occasionaly a thin insulator goes in too. Do the molle straps catch at all on anything as you're toting the bag ? that's the only real drawback I can see in it at the moment ?

Also are the zips as heavy duty as they look ? I can't stand flimsy zips as a f*cked zip usually kaputts the bag / sack. Nice to know it has a padded compartment too, always come in handy for something or other :)

Cheers, Sp :confused:

Replied by PM ;)

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
With regards to the OP, where are you bugging out from? Perhaps having a bag that didn't look like it contained all your cool survival stuff might be worth thinking about?

This is so my thinking especially with some of the situations were you could find yourself being looked at by Officialdom.

I just picked up my first ever Maxpedition bag last week, I can see that it could be a slippery slope, very tough, very well made and thought out bags and pouches.

Really amazing kit.

Additionally, Star Wars DVDs in a bug out bag, seriously? If you have to 'bug out' then you need to have the Lord of the Rings box set, not Star Wars. :)

Slowly sorting out this so I have the same entertainment in at least three forms ie phone, tablet and usb. It also a good idea to have pdf/a scans of all of your important docs.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I have had a few Maxpedition bits and have always been impressed with the build quality and strong materials.

The only downsides with their kit is that sometimes the material is a little too chunky to manipulate easily, things don't fold as easily as I'd like on smaller pockets and pouches and that can make access a pain. The other downside is that you keep spending and spending and spending because it's all so nice, you have to buy it all.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
if you want softer more foldable you need to look for 500D cordura rather than the 1000D stuff

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
Tax...... I have never had to pay tax from china before?????

1st time I've seen it too

a3e4u8y4.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE