Bug: Can't start a sales thread ...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
First ... I've checked and I'm definitely showing as a Full Member before, during and after :D

Most likely one for Admin :eek: :sad6:

I have the facility to open and type up a new thread in Member Classifieds but as soon as I try to preview or send to to the open forum the forum software shoots up the message: [h=1]Forbidden[/h]You don't have permission to access /forum/newthread.php on this server.

Any ideas from the back-room magic workers? :confused::dunno::goodluck::surrender:

Hellllp ...

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
To add to post #01 I have access to the Full Member Forum and I can open and type up a new thread in both Classifieds and Full Member Classifieds ~ I can even open and preview a thread in the general Full Members forum (I stopped short of clicking it open to forum). It just goes belly up when I try to preview or launch a sales thread :werd:

I'm using Windows 8.1 (iirc) and chrome.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Not a clue, sorry Phil :sigh:

I'll flag it for the Admin's to have a looksee though.

If you don't hear from them in reasonable time, let me know and I'll pester them for you ?

atb,
Mary

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I wasn't 100% sure so I've just checked my settings ~ email was (and is still) up to date and correct :angel:

It's _odd_ that I can view the FM Area, open a new thread in both Regular and FM Classifieds but can't preview let alone launch them :confused: :dunno: . I've started this thread so I can start a thread on the regular forum and as I could preview the 'let's see' thread in FM I assume that it would go the next step as well ...

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I hadn't :eek: . I have now ~ logged out, removed the forum bookmark, logged back in and created a new bookmark and then tried the sales thread again ... Still no joy :(

I'll log out and remove the bookmark when I shut the computer down overnight and see if the shut down helps.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Nope ~ didn't shift the Forbidden message ~ to be on the safe side and to see whether it triggered anything I've logged out, deleted the bookmark and started afresh and still no joy :eek:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
It's taken a while but everything seems (for the moment) to have cleared ~ trust me to find a new hiccough :eek:

Thanks for all the input, it's very much appreciated :You_Rock_goodjob

(And here's to hoping that it all stays clear ;) :beerchug: )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE