Budget sleeping pad

Mar 28, 2016
Leigh
What is the best budget sleeping pad? I think I've decided on an air pad for comfort but open to suggestions. Thanks

greg.g

May 20, 2015
birmingham
British army 3/4 length self inflating. Should be able to pick one up cheaply from one of the military outlets.
I find them pretty comfy for the price.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Are you camping in the woods? If so, buy a cheap foam mat (less than a tenner) and place that on top of a mattress of leaf litter that can easily be gathered in no time at all. Worked well for me, it's surprisingly comfortable and even adds a little more insulation.

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
Whatever you get, make sure it contains insulation. Most inexpensive air beds contain no insulation,and while comfortable, you will become serious;y chilled. Self-inflating types are a good compromise with a filling of open cell foam. The "best" are (probably) down filled giving alot of comfortwith very good insulation. a closed cell foam pad (really inexpensive at under UKP 10) gives good insulation, but not much comfort. As stated elsewhere, placing a CCF pad on top of leaf litter is a good inexpensive system, in wooded areas. you are wild camping in he hills,weight is a big issue, and the CCF is a good option on that score, and if the ground is not too rocky,probably comfortable enough. Although heavier,a self inflating such as Thermarest is a good compromise, and packs smaller than a CCF. COsts about 3-4 times as much though.

Philster

Settler
Jun 8, 2014
Poole, Dorset
Another vote for the Brit Army 3/4 one - warm, comfortable and packs down to a silly little size. Been using mine on the ground all winter and always been snug. Highly recommended!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE