Buckskin supplier

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

leon-1

Well it would appear that he has exceeded his bandwidth for the moment.

One of the members here, James Watson, does brain tanning and I believe that he can either get or process buckskins as well. It may be worth dropping him a line. This is a link to his website, however I don't think the shop is running yet. It may be worth dropping him a line from his contact details. I have never met James and have no link to Native Awareness, so cannot tell you anymore about them.

Hope this is of use as well.

arian

Jun 10, 2005
Where Am I?
Seems to havegot his bandwidth back :).

It's a lot cheaper to buy in US$: $12.50 is about £6.50, not the £8 he's asking :(.

I also couldn't see how to order, but I didn't look very hard.

Regards
arian

James Watson

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2004
Salisbury
www.nativeawareness.co.uk
Hi Guys

Leon has just emailed me to tell me that he’s put my website up. Thanks Leon.

I’ve no buckskin in stock at the moment. It’s been rubbish weather for brain tanning but I’m doing some tanning soon, rawhide and brain tan. In fact I’ve got 5 hides in the river soaking for a client, and doing some teaching later in the month.

The items on the website should be available soon depending on interest. So it may take a while to get the stuff to you. If you’re interested, it’s best to email me directly. Unfortunately I don’t get a chance to visit the forum that often.

I’m s0rry if this sounds like I’m advertising my services. As I was mentioned, I thought I’d give you guys a little more info.

Take care,

James

Well it would appear that he has exceeded his bandwidth for the moment.

One of the members here, James Watson, does brain tanning and I believe that he can either get or process buckskins as well. It may be worth dropping him a line. This is a link to his website, however I don't think the shop is running yet. It may be worth dropping him a line from his contact details. I have never met James and have no link to Native Awareness, so cannot tell you anymore about them.

Hope this is of use as well.

leon-1

I’m s0rry if this sounds like I’m advertising my services. As I was mentioned, I thought I’d give you guys a little more info.

Take care,

James

James, I had noticed that you had not been on in a while hence the e-mail, it was my intention that you let people know more, not as advertising, but because I also wished to know more and thought that it may be of use or interest to others,

All the best,

Leon.

redcollective

Settler
Dec 31, 2004
West Yorkshire
Hi James,

Have you heard of this book before:

Blue Mountain Buckskin: A Working Manual For Dry-scrape Braintan

If so would you recommend it - I've just placed an order at Amazon.com

Your expertise would be appreciated. I'm not about to brain tan anything soon (opportunity, and well, the neighbours might complain If I started skinning a deer in the front yard!) lol, but would like to give it a go one day so I'm reading voraciously.

Could you recommend any buckskin craft books?

Stu

James Watson

Tenderfoot
Jul 30, 2004
Salisbury
www.nativeawareness.co.uk
Hi Stu.

Yes a great book for dry scrape. It was my introduction to Braintan.

I highly recomend Deerskin into Buckskin by Mr Richards. A great book on the wetscrape method! Proberbly the best way in, without being shown by a tanner.

Take care

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE