Bucksaw for Bodge

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
In the true mountain man way Bodge traded me a lovely cast iron pan, wanting in return for me to make a bucksaw for him.

000_0582.jpg

Always wanted to make one, so I'll have to make another now for me! The wooden handle was a joy to use this morning as it was far warmer than my metal modern one, and just as good at cutting.
Think I should have lowered the brace a little looking at the picture, but it seems to work well and I wanted plenty of clearance for the larger pieces of firewood. :campfire:

The wood is Hazel and the cord is sisal. Very easy to make, give it a go, there's plenty of info on t'internet. :)

Just in case everyone has one at the next meet :D...

000_0586.jpg

Addo :)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Nice one Addo goodjob :)

I made one out of green hazel once and it did the job but being green it didn't hold tension very well. Next time I'll have to let it season properly :rolleyes:

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Cheers fellas, This was a pole I got from Rough close about a year ago. Toughened up lovely.

addo

Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Thanks for the comments folks. I love making simple objects like bucksaws and the like, very relaxing and rewarding.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE