buck saw

May 6, 2008
sudbury
This is really fantastic jon!
im a bit of a lurker, ive only just made this account here but ive been reading your site for a while and would just like to say you are a superb craftsman and outdoorsman and that this is a fantastic piece of kit youve made from scratch-well done! your guides are very easy to understand and well written and it would be superb if you could show us how to make one of these. i know that for some of the more experienced members might want to post a reply saying that i should google it or something but i get really annoyed with most guides on the internet because they are written by americans and right off the bat they are like "just get a piece of hickory" or "even a simple piece of black locust can be used to make a good bow" and i just fume that ive been denied the chance to continue because i dont know what wood to use. im sure that with a little common sense i should know what woods to use instead but as my name and age suggest, im very inexperienced in the ways of bushcraft :). (im 16, to save you from going on my profile)

so anyway id love to see a guide by you on how to do this and how to make the bows that are on your site, because the type of bow i usually make is a relatively thin stave with a small amount of tillering on the inside that are basically field expident quality. they get a lot of power but break quickly and the range is poor.

:You_Rock_

oh and i posted my elder whistle pictures in your thread about how to make one, i dunno if it tells you when someone replies to your thread. :)

and finally i love the kuska cup tutorial especially, i just need to find a nice birch tree to use.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE