brokwell wood

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
chissler

i think it is 5 or 5a. ive camped there a few times, penultimate one on the left was enough description for them when i asked for it. (kids like the rope swing).

actually just checked my email and steph says it is pitch 5.

got all excited and polished my boots and ironed my trews in anticipation...

also if you are there you might hear us sneaking past at 3 am to look for the badgers...

Last edited:

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Cheers Sir :thumbup: I'm wernt bankin on begin ome by 3 lol. No cinderfella here, no matter what that shortarse wi the gold fetish tells thee :p

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
No there is also a swing on the pitch you have googled. Its on the tree to the left of the clearing under your yellow arrow. Last i was there you couldnt drive on as the front was so muddy deep theyd blocked it off. Probably clear now mind.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Looks like were not going to make it :( some crank has just knocked swmbo's wing mirror off. Won't be cheap aaaaaaargh. Have a good one lads.

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
looking at the weather forcast ,its looking like a wash out for the weekend :( heavy rain and high winds for the next 5 days :( !!!

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Sorry Nathan, pagan or not....the kids still expect more than an orange an a carved spoon lol fuel brass n camping money will have to buy that mirror:eek: she's only had the car a few months aaaaaargh

Lupin Rider

Mar 15, 2009
uk
Internet silence must mean post about the rain has put every one off. Not going on my tod, rather stay at home with the kids?

VANDEEN

Nomad
Sep 1, 2011
Newcastle Upon Tyne
I've got a dilemma .......

My pass is still signed, :)
Bag is packed & even includes tent with tub groundsheet just in case.

But

The "Pont" & "Blyth" are already on flood alert, and have been since 18:46 on the 20th. The burn that affects us & our sewers generally follows them & is running very high. The ground is already saturated & the North east is on a Met Office yellow warning for rain until lunch time tomorrow. I'm kind of expecting this to be another flood event if the rain continues hard enough. This will be the 4th this year Grrrr...
SWMBI hasn't got the strength lift manhole covers & insert bungs etc to isolate us from the main sewers on her own.

So chips down I'm loathe to commit either way. She says " just go I'll be fine" but does she meant???
She thinks I'm mad for camping anyway :p

If there's enough people to make it still happen excelent, & I, weather depending may still drop in, but I don't want to drag anyone away from their families on the strength of me turning up & leaving them sat in the woods alone.

John I'll drop you a PM with my mobile no. & will txt Nathan & ask him to check the thread & post up his latest.thoughts.

Just a thought but given the lack of interest, garys dilemma & if the ground up at brockwell is going to be quagmire it isn't going to be much fun
The weather says high winds and rain such will make a controlled sustainable fire a challenge

Shall we just postpone this untill after Xmas

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE