Broken touchscreen

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
OK I know this is waaay off topic but can anyone personally recommend a reliable OEM parts supplier for a Nikia Lumia 620 digitizer (ie the glass bit!)? Advice at work is get a screen via ebay/amazon and repair yourself but find a decent supplier :aargh4:

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Some screens are a doddle and cheap as chips to replace, however, some have the digitiser glued to the LCD so it becomes an expensive job. Not sure how the Nokia's ate constructed. Either way, you'll get all the bits from eBay

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
Some screens are a doddle and cheap as chips to replace, however, some have the digitiser glued to the LCD so it becomes an expensive job. Not sure how the Nokia's ate constructed. Either way, you'll get all the bits from eBay

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

The digitizer is separate on this model but for some reason they are still fairly expensive compared to some. I've got one here but it would be cheaper for you to do it yourself after paying for postage both ways.

MertzMan

Settler
Apr 25, 2012
Cambs and Lincs
I'd just echo what has already been said. I've no experience with your phone but I've changed out a more than a few laptop screens in my time and some iphone screens for friends. I'm sure there has to be a youtube video somewhere of someone pulling one appart.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
He has found some vids on YT and is pretty certain it is just screen and not LCD and it looks straightforward as long as separates from housing cleanly. After waiting a week to go see someone recommended (currently on nights) the joker tried to say it would be 120 notes, at which pt Chris explained he can get the phone new for 130 so no!

welchyd1

Jan 4, 2011
Wirral, Merseyside
He has found some vids on YT and is pretty certain it is just screen and not LCD and it looks straightforward as long as separates from housing cleanly. After waiting a week to go see someone recommended (currently on nights) the joker tried to say it would be 120 notes, at which pt Chris explained he can get the phone new for 130 so no!

Ha ha 120 quid. I only charge 50 for an iPad lol.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Not had a lot of luck with this as it seems that the newest Nokia firmware stops the use of aftermarket screens. Big thanks to Dave (welchyd1) who has really gone above and beyond trying to fix this and refused to accept any payment above what he originally agreed with my son :You_Rock_:You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE