Brockwell Woods Meet - March 2011

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

merrygold85

Nomad
Sep 11, 2010
Ireland
Warning!! Pic heavy!

Thanks guys for another memorable weekend. I had great craic altogether, even though I missed the rugby. Just watched it actually, Ireland were brilliant. Anyways, it was nice to meet all the new guys and to see familiar faces too. I have quite a few photos here so I'm gonna post them up. YAY!

So here goes:

IMGP0123.jpg

IMGP0124.jpg

IMGP0125.jpg

IMGP0126.jpg

IMGP0127.jpg

IMGP0128.jpg

IMGP0129.jpg

IMGP0130.jpg

IMGP0131.jpg

IMGP0132.jpg

IMGP0133.jpg

IMGP0134.jpg

IMGP0135.jpg

IMGP0137.jpg

IMGP0140.jpg

IMGP0141.jpg

IMGP0142.jpg

IMGP0146.jpg

IMGP0147.jpg

IMGP0148.jpg

IMGP0158.jpg

IMGP0156.jpg

IMGP0159.jpg

IMGP0161.jpg

IMGP0163.jpg

IMGP0164.jpg

"HEY YOU GUYS!!"
IMGP0165.jpg

IMGP0166.jpg

IMGP0167.jpg

IMGP0168.jpg

IMGP0173.jpg

IMGP0174.jpg

IMGP0178.jpg

John had the most amazing fire. It was about the size of a dinner plate and kept going the whole day and most of the night without changing size at all. So I had to take a phot or two.

IMGP0182.jpg

IMGP0183.jpg

IMGP0195.jpg

IMGP0197.jpg

IMGP0198.jpg

I straightened "Old Wonky" out. Think I did well considering I had to overcome the effects of the wine.

IMGP0202.jpg

IMGP0203.jpg

This is the amount of birch sap I collected overnight. Didn't taste amazing but would be very refreshing if stuck for water.

IMGP0205.jpg

This is the wild garlic we used in our din-dins. Fantastically flavoursome. I was very impressed.

IMGP0207.jpg

When I got home I did a quick bit of filing and this is how "Wonky" looks now.

IMGP0208.jpg

IMGP0211.jpg

IMGP0212.jpg

IMGP0213.jpg

So yeah, thanks again lads. I look forward to seeing you all again.

Cheers

Mark

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
i,ll put mine up now then,,

my set up,

DSC03223.jpg

DSC03222.jpg

DSC03224.jpg

DSC03216.jpg

dont know wots going off here ,...

Rich, (Chambers) is poking someone with a stick??

DSC03215.jpg

dont know who this is,..i cant remember taking many of these,....

DSC03209.jpg

ME!!!

DSC03220.jpg

DSC03206.jpg

Mr Unorthodox

DSC03211.jpg

again, dont know ,..dont ask,..haha

DSC03208.jpg

DSC03204.jpg

we upgaded the forge this time in honour of old wonky,s return to the flames!!!!

DSC03199.jpg

DSC03197.jpg

DSC03195.jpg

the veiw from my scratcher this morning, i was a bit rough and refused to move until someone made me a cuppa,...

DSC03194.jpg

DSC03188.jpg

An excellent time,...

really good craic as Mark said,....

the moon worship was my particular favourite part , altho next time, i,m putting my velcro seamed strippers trousers on ,..

in depth fireside conversations and film/book reveiws was good too,...

but then it all went a bit horizontal, until i woke up this morning with a crayfish balanced on my face,...YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!! hhahaha

thanks to all the guys, enjoyed me sen immensley

Stu

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
yeah and theres one of him spooning too!

wheres the spooning pic??

and we dont mean spoon making do we??

no that would be too normal,..hahaha what Jamie means is "spooning" as in me, in my vunerable state, being taken advantage of by a wine-crazed irish man

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
brill pics mark it was a cracking meet with a bunch of nutters(in a good way) the criac was mint(grannys and cartoons anyone :)) thanks chris for the forge demo made adams weekend getting to make a blade he's give his mam a shopping list for a forge in the garden lol shame we missed the bow drill demo did you manage this time?
hope to see everyone next time cheers guys

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
awesome pics Mark, old wonkey is looking really good, file up the tang ready for next time and we can HT it for you........

good work mate......

thanks to all who turned up, shame people had to go early today, we got the bow drill going (in the end ;) ), Unorthadox got a coal and made fire from friction, well done dude... A+++++ :)

thanks to Raikey for the help collecting the money.......;) the knife was awesome to dude, thanks mate....

looking forward to the next meet, minimul kit next time.........:) hope to see some of the old and new faces there again....

thanks again gents...

chris.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
brill pics mark it was a cracking meet with a bunch of nutters(in a good way) the criac was mint(grannys and cartoons anyone :)) thanks chris for the forge demo made adams weekend getting to make a blade he's give his mam a shopping list for a forge in the garden lol shame we missed the bow drill demo did you manage this time?
hope to see everyone next time cheers guys

yes i did it this time, ended up re shaping the whole kit.....lol....worked well in the end and Unorthadox made fire by friction.......

see you again soon, will come round for a bash some time....;) if Adam needs out just give us a bell dude.....

chris.

andyc54

Settler
Dec 28, 2010
durham
yes i did it this time, ended up re shaping the whole kit.....lol....worked well in the end and Unorthadox made fire by friction.......

see you again soon, will come round for a bash some time....;) if Adam needs out just give us a bell dude.....

chris.

Will do mate I have n't brought up the idea to our lass of using our living room fire as a forge yet not going to push me luck to much but when I talk her round you'll have to come round try it I'm sure an anvel would make an interesting centre piece next to the telly lol looking forward to the next one

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE