BRKT Huntsman: pics!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
Here's the huntsman I bought. Sheep horn handle:

127_2796.jpg

127_2777.jpg

127_2787.jpg

127_2792.jpg

127_2783.jpg

Thanks for looking

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi Michiel
Bark River certainly make a nice knife, I have a Mikro Slither and will shortly get a Micro Canadian. I hope to make myself a larger bushcraft knife but if I do not go down thay route a Bark River will probably be my knife of choice
Chas

Lemoneyewash

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2004
UK
I have a Huntsman. Really excellent blade :) but disappointing sheath :rolleyes: . Very thin and flimsy.

I've made a thick plastic liner for mine out of an ice cream carton. Does the trick.

sam_acw

Native
Sep 2, 2005
Tyneside
I've got a couple of BRKT knives, a PSK and a Micro Canadian. They are great blades and very well finished but the sheaths just don't match up. They are nowhere near as good.

Dunelm

Forager
May 24, 2005
County Durham
I've got a Bark River Northstar. Love the blade. Don't like the handle - even re-scaled with bur elm it is still uncomfortable. Mine has the newer sheath which is adequate if not spectacular.

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
There is a new sheath for the Huntsman. It looks like the Aurora sheath (wich is a woodlore type sheath). BRKT had really bad sheaths, but the last 2 years they've been improving their sheaths a lot. They are now made by a guy named Bogdan in Serbia and JRE industries.

http://www.jreindustries.com/

Michiel

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE