Britton wood meet October 21st - 23rd

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
[h=2]Britton wood meet October 21st - 23rd[/h]Rules and regs!

No ground fires apart from the communal fire with out prior consent.
No cutting down trees, live, dead, or otherwise without asking..
No airguns/bows/crossbows etc. are to be brought onto site, at all.
No 4x4's on site apart from Matts Landrover, all vehicles in the car park please.
If it's not yours then don't touch it without asking first.
No sharps or shinneys after dark or after any alcohol.
Any one deemed using inappropriate behavior will be asked to leave and not invited back.
Site fees are £5 per Adult per night. Under 18s go free
Please find Si to pay the fees.
No under 18's unless with a parent or guardian
Other things of note:
There is no water on site except a small gypsy well which is not a guaranteed water source.
There is now a temporary toilet on site.
Dogs are welcome on site, but they do need to be kept under control and cleaned up after at all times.
Children are welcome but the parent or guardian are to supervise them at all times.

The location is Britton Wood nr Clay Cross.
Nearest postcode S42 6AF please note certain in built sat nav's have got the wrong area set for that post code which is 2 miles away .
attachment.php

Follow the far right path for 400 yards until you find a tree stump cut off at head height then turn left, 30 yards to the centre of the fire circle.

Moving around the site in the dark hours:

Due to the nature of the site it is dark at night and as I'm yet to meet someone who can faultlessly move around without a torch having one on you BEFORE dusk begins to break could almost be considered essential! . To this end torches will be in evidence by those attending the Meet also lanterns will be in use

Please note this is a nonprofit meet any money raised goes back into the meet and helps pay the insurance

The Hagglers meet
We have also decided to reinstate an old Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire custom of the "Hagglers meet". Basically after Saturday lunch you are invited to display you surplus gear or trinkets on a blanket near to the camp fire and then others can barter or haggle with you to buy or trade for them. A great way to pass on stuff that you don't use any more or to raise funds for yourself.

All the Best Matt and Si.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Nice one, hopefully see you all there Friday afternoon.

By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of the above post.

Big Si
MattF
MartinK9 (TBC)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I'm good to go; see you Friday afternoon.

By adding your name to the list you are acknowledging that you have read all of the above post.

Big Si
MattF
MartinK9

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
A cracking Meet, albeit a bit short for me, hopefully I'll be able to stay longer for the next one.

Many thanks to Matt and Si and all those that I met.

I feel refreshed and raring for the next one.

Thanks Gents.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE