British Army Soldier 95 DPM Ripstop Jacket

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
[FONT=&quot]Hello again some more help needed please. The other day I bought a [/FONT][FONT=&quot]British Army Soldier 95 DPM Rip stop Jacket for four pounds brand new at a car boot barging so I was thinking of getting the gortex jacket to go with it so my first ? is I have heard that this is worn under the rip stop jacket and not over it so is this true and also were is the cheapest place to get one.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thanks again mal[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

exped.equip.

Sep 30, 2007
Glos.
The `95 ripstop jacket is not that waterproof and by wearing the gortex underneath you still have use of all pockets and protecting the gortex jacket from scuffs and scrapes.Cheapest place probably e bay!!!

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Hi Mal,

yes, your right. The CS95 Goretex jacket is designed to be worn underneath the CS95 rip-stop smock. It has a slim cut, no pockets and no epaulette for a rank slide. Personally, i don't like the CS95 Goretex jacket. I find that, because it is worn beneath the smock, all the contents of you smock have the potential to get wet and i also find the Goretex jacket annoying. At the points where your skin comes into contact with it (neck, forearms, wrist etc), i find my body hair gets trapped in the holes of the gortex. Then as i move, it get's ripped out. As Simon says, i proof mine with The product formerly known as TX 10, now known as Nikwax Cotton Proof. It works a treat and is shower proof, but not waterproof although, it does a damned good impression of it! There is also a button on hood available for the CS95 ripstop, so it might be an idea to get one of those fitted before proofing.

mal

Forager
Sep 20, 2004
Blackpool
thanks for all that very helpfull, any ideas were to by a hood from dont no if this makes any diffrance but it is the jacket not the smock.

cheers mal :You_Rock_

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
The hoods are huge. I gave my good 95 smock and hood to my younger brother, he uses it when he goes shooting. His head disappears in the hood, it is that big.

Boon

Oct 10, 2007
lincolnshire
just to to point out, the reason the gortex was designed to go under the jacket is because of noise when on patrol. dont forget these bits of kit were designed for the military not civilian use. personaly i didnt care if the kit in my pockets got wet, was the last thing on my mind. if you pick up a slightly older pre S95 gortex they have pockets in them, thats what i use, mind you i have one of the new ones as well.

Boon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I never wore my goretex under my field jacket. I was in a great big armoured vehicle that had a massive smoke and noise signature and was often on fire. If the enemy could hear my goretex, then something was wrong!

Boon

Oct 10, 2007
lincolnshire
I never wore my goretex under my field jacket. I was in a great big armoured vehicle that had a massive smoke and noise signature and was often on fire. If the enemy could hear my goretex, then something was wrong!

like it matey what did you drive. got court out in in the open on exersise once by a few chalengers they didnt know we were there and we hadnt been told they were coming, needless to say there was a lot of shouting by zobs (officers) afterwards. got to admit i crapped myself god were they noisy and did i mention very very big coming at you at night.lol

Boon

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I was on Combat Engineer Tractors, you usually see them getting towed by a CRARRV at the back of the Battle Group! :rolleyes: Apparently there are folk in the infantry who thought that it was a CRARRV trailer!

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
like it matey what did you drive. got court out in in the open on exersise once by a few chalengers they didnt know we were there and we hadnt been told they were coming, needless to say there was a lot of shouting by zobs (officers) afterwards. got to admit i crapped myself god were they noisy and did i mention very very big coming at you at night.lol

Boon

Zobs eh? So you were in the Premier Service, the RAF then?

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
........and as for wearing the Goretex under the CS 95 jacket, only Infantry did that as far as I'm aware and for the reasons of noise reduction as mentioned earlier. I believe there's a newer version of the Military Goretex jacket now, "Soldier 2000" or something, which has upper and lower pockets and a rank tab too. They should be available in surpus stores now as they've been knocking around for a good few years and, compared to "Civvy" Goretex jackets of similar quality, should be "cheap as chips." Shame they don't do them in plain OG though!

Boon

Oct 10, 2007
lincolnshire
Zobs eh? So you were in the Premier Service, the RAF then?

yep for my sins, 22 yrs MTD 15 yrs in mob and 7 yrs civvi and i still love it. lol.

agree with you on the s2000 jackets as well, not a bad bit of kit for price, mind you some would still rarther spend £200 / £300 on a berghous but hey horses for courses.

Boon

Jul 15, 2006
Nil
yep for my sins, 22 yrs MTD 15 yrs in mob and 7 yrs civvi and i still love it. lol.

agree with you on the s2000 jackets as well, not a bad bit of kit for price, mind you some would still rarther spend £200 / £300 on a berghous but hey horses for courses.

Boon

Nice to bump into another crab! I was a Snowdrop (Boo - Hiss!), but only did 6 years before I saw the light and at the end of my enagagement joined the civvy bill.

Swinderby - St Athan - Newton - Odiham - Greenham Common - Odiham - Stanley - Odiham - Fairford - Honington and out.

Boon

Oct 10, 2007
lincolnshire
Nice to bump into another crab! I was a Snowdrop (Boo - Hiss!), but only did 6 years before I saw the light and at the end of my enagagement joined the civvy bill.

Swinderby - St Athan - Newton - Odiham - Greenham Common - Odiham - Stanley - Odiham - Fairford - Honington and out.

hello fellow crab.

ah greenham common now that was a fun place, the fun we had with the smellies lol. worked with the rocks for a while there, the ones that traveled in from benson and st athen what a place do you remember the vc being bussed in on bop night, god they were scary, happy days

swinderby - st athen - benson - rhinedahlen - gatow - caltishall - laarbruch - waddo - out now at premier training base in lincs

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
The hoods are huge. I gave my good 95 smock and hood to my younger brother, he uses it when he goes shooting. His head disappears in the hood, it is that big.

I fits completely into the hood? Dear God, the hoods either massive or he's really really tiny.. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE