Britains lost world - St Kilda

Great programme. I thoroughly enjoyed it. http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/page/item/b00c6slr.shtml?src=ip_potpw

I watched it at work on BBC i player. :D It's tough on nights sometimes you know :rolleyes:
Fantastic is all I can say. I've watched 20 mins so far.
I plan to dive here one day with my dive club. it's quite an epic trip which lasts for a week, costs a bomb and can be a wash out if the weather turns. but if you drop on I am told is out of this world.

Brill

bodge:D

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
http://www.seatrek.co.uk/highlander_boat-hire_trips.htm

I was going to put this up later, but might as well introduce it now.

I did the writeups for him. (and Im not being sensationalist where the scenery and amount of desegnations is concerned.)

But the trip Im going on is the North Rona (I like my isolated uninhabited islands to be, you know, unbusy??)

there are a few places left...anyone interested? St Kilda isnt an adventure anymore

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
C:\Documents and Settings\Client\My Documents\Islands\THE LAST OF THE ST KILDANS Sunday Herald, The Find Articles at BNET_com.mht

this is better....I wish I could write like that.

Watched the ep...rowing boat was the funniest thing Ive seen all month.

typical beeb cack...but the scenery is genuine

(notice they forget to mention our wonderful increase in gannet poplace...)

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I sailed there a few years ago and spent 10 days exploring the main island, Hirta, and sailing round all of the others in the group. Its hard not to use superlatives about St Kilda it really is a unique place. :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
No, the artless reactions to the sight of the island are geniune too; it really is like that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE