Brew kit Ideas?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WeThePeoplexfbm

Settler
Dec 27, 2010
Australlia- NSW.
hi guys ^^ this is my brew kit so far if you have any idea on what more i should add plz tell me ^^

Kink194.jpg

2. coffee bags
3.Stassen tea bags
2.daintree tea bags
3.lime drink mix(make 750 ml each)
4.orange drink mix(makes 1 L each)

Kink195.jpg

any ideas welcome ^^

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Spoon, if small enough kept in the packet. Some water purification tablets. and maybe soup and hot chocolate?

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
If you look here you can see some of the things that go in BA ration pack brew kit, dependant on how you organise your kit, waterproof matches might be a good idea along with a pack of tissues and maybe wetones and some sort of anti bacterial hand cleaner. Basically anything that you may need whilst brewing up or at "point of Use" to save digging and searching about in your kit espeically if you find yourself in heavy wind and rain.

http://www.bushcraftliving.com/forums/showthread.php?t=338

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Well for anything more than a day (or if it's hot out) I take powdered milk. For sugar I prefer cubes, and I tend to take sweetener (a necessary evil, it'd be worse to have plain tea!)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
damn i had a small tea spoon forgot all about it hahah

Coffeemate?
Sweetner?
Are we talking a brewkit or a chemistry set?
Dried and roasted coffeebeans, dried plant matter, tinctures of various grains or sugar derived products fine - CM and sweetners - I would prefer just plain boiled hot water (no chlorine, shaken not stirred) :)
Baileys (at a push) is better than CM as a whitener for coffee ...if you have to adulterate coffee.....

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
The actual comestibles you include in your brew kit are limited only by your imagination. You can get most drinks in individual portions although, outside of teabags, it can be be an expensive way to buy stuff. Small resealable bags can be bought very cheaply on ebay or at your local market, as can small plastic bottles (IIRC, Richard linked to some the other day), and you can decant your favourite coffee, or whatever, into these containers.

Aldi or B&M or Home Bargains (can't remember which - Mrs Bilmo gets 'em) sell fruit in little ring-pull cans with a resealable lid and attached folding spoon. The empty cans fit many camping mugs like they were meant to and make useful containers for your brewkit items. With a little thought you can make room for a simple firekit as well.

brewkit1.jpg

WeThePeoplexfbm

Settler
Dec 27, 2010
Australlia- NSW.
Coffeemate?
Sweetner?
Are we talking a brewkit or a chemistry set?
Dried and roasted coffeebeans, dried plant matter, tinctures of various grains or sugar derived products fine - CM and sweetners - I would prefer just plain boiled hot water (no chlorine, shaken not stirred) :)
Baileys (at a push) is better than CM as a whitener for coffee ...if you have to adulterate coffee.....

o_O um no idea what you mean sorry

WeThePeoplexfbm

Settler
Dec 27, 2010
Australlia- NSW.
The actual comestibles you include in your brew kit are limited only by your imagination. You can get most drinks in individual portions although, outside of teabags, it can be be an expensive way to buy stuff. Small resealable bags can be bought very cheaply on ebay or at your local market, as can small plastic bottles (IIRC, Richard linked to some the other day), and you can decant your favourite coffee, or whatever, into these containers.

Aldi or B&M or Home Bargains (can't remember which - Mrs Bilmo gets 'em) sell fruit in little ring-pull cans with a resealable lid and attached folding spoon. The empty cans fit many camping mugs like they were meant to and make useful containers for your brewkit items. With a little thought you can make room for a simple firekit as well.

brewkit1.jpg

i dont have ebay account any more so im stuck for some items but i look around

i dont drink instane coffee so it coffe bags ^^

well my fire kit is in my jacket pocket when ever i go out for hike or overnither

as for canned fruit not a big fan of canned fruit but might add some dried fruit nor nuts ^^

WeThePeoplexfbm

Settler
Dec 27, 2010
Australlia- NSW.
I don't either but I wouldn't dream of squandering my cash on coffee bags; I drink the same brew anywhere I have access to water & the means to heat it.

yea not gonna lie coffees bag here are a killer on the old wallett, but i drink grounded coffee at home but way for me to use it out in the field un-less it take coffee pot but that add weight that i dont need so yeah ^^

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE