Brat Camp any good?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Hi everybody.

I was just wondering, cause there's this show tonight on telly. "Brat Camp", first program.

Is there any bushcrafty content worth watching or is it just bad kids? :)

cheers

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
TheViking said:
Hi everybody.

I was just wondering, cause there's this show tonight on telly. "Brat Camp", first program.

Is there any bushcrafty content worth watching or is it just bad kids? :)

cheers

I downloaded the entire show and liked the most the very first one where the kids are in a camp in Utah, only being in the wilderness. I liked very much the whole concept of that camp and their leaders. They where not shouting or fighting with the kids and let instead nature teach them. The kids where only out in the wild marching, living in simple shelters and learning bush craft type of things.

The second series is a kind of cowboy camp with the same idea but I didn’t like it as much because I felt it was teaching the kids to submit to order and they where shouting to them making them conform to a standard given norm.

If I compare the two teaching styles, I had the feeling that the first camp was a teaching going much deeper because the kids learned the value of nature, learning through consequence. While in the cowboy camp they where thought with a kind of cowboy moral, which make them in the best case well adjusted conformists.

cheers
Abbe

arctic hobo said:
Is it only me or do other people watch it and think "now that's not too bad a holiday!"... oh ok it is just me :D
Nope, not just you :D I actually know one of the girls from the second series (She was a regular customer on a Goth shop I used to manage) so I did find it kind of funny, I also had other friends kids asking what they had to do to get sent there :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE