Brass Monkeys Weekend 29 -31 Jan 2010

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Only vote if you plan to attend - Do you want to hire a 20 x 20ft marquee for the wee

• Yes - (& am prepared to pay a deposit!)

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No thanks, I'd rather rough it!

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Wayland

Hárbarðr
I've had enough snow for a while now.
4570.gif

Unless it's deep enough for some proper snow-holing of course.
snow-wee.gif

Dec 18, 2008
Durham.
We've just had (0645) a heavy flurry of big flakes here lasting a few minutes, but now it's melted back into dreary miserableness ...
Yeah, it needs to be deep to be useful. (I still got a bit excited, though ...)

F

Flumpie

just had snow in Longridge so may be chilly tonight but think it's safe too say we will keep warm see everyone later X;o)

Brass Monkeys indeed. -7.2 degrees Sat night/Sun morning.
Great meet and thanks to SimonM for organizing the meet.
I liked the site and facilities and look forward to the next meet there.:You_Rock_

Adam really enjoyed the climbing wall, archery and rifle shooting. (thanks Flumpie)

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Grumbles:

• A lot of people put their names on the list but didn't arrive...no biggie, but a simple message posted would have been nice, particularly as I had booked activities and a marquee.

• After most folk had left, a few of us did a sweep to ensure that the site ws fit to hand back.
    • We found a blood soaked ambulance type dressing (who cut themself? You kept that quiet!) left in the middle of the field.
    • Also a fire pit had been turned out at the edge of the field meaning that we had to go through the ash to pick out all the nails and staples from the pallets and boxes that been burnt.
  • I currently have a very good repuatation on the site, but if I had left these items my name would have been mud, but ignoring that the H & S implications of these items being left are huge.

Positives:

• Good company - thanks to all who came, you made it work (& a big thankyou for chipping in to cover my financial shortfall!:You_Rock_)
  • After you all chipped in, we actually had £30 extra which has already gone to H4H.
  • The weather held for us - cold and dry, lovely.
  • The activities went well - thanks to Flumpy for running the archery and air rifles. (The campsite Warden said you were welcome back any time!)
  • We raised our profile at another venue, though sadly we can only use it out of season unless we all get CRB Disclosures!

Simon

Last edited:

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Sorry to hear about the negatives Simon. (Im cut free, it werent me!) Its possible the dressing fell off someone and they couldnt find it?

F

Flumpie

Thanks all for a brill weekend, and hope too see you all soon at the next meet.

Big thanks too Simon and your welcome anytime you need just pipe up I need no excuse to turn up too help. I also would like to thank Wayland for his tips X;o)

No cuts and as for fire pit should have moved the one of ours sorry Tetley was way too tired for me too be thinking completely straight so i appologise, no cuts amongst us tho so pass on the later grumble.

will keep all updated on GT once i've spoke too warden

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE