Bramble Proof Trousers - help....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Id put my two'penneth in and suggest a pair of Harkila ProHunter trousers.....

Had mine for a couple of years. 5 year guarantee. With a very tough outer [Dark Olive], and a very soft inner. [Goretex lining, bonded to outer between the two. Very soft, and quiet.]
I cannot fault them.

You occasionally see them on ebay for £120.

Worth it really, even though you may, as I did pontificate about the price. Given the logevity, its a good deal.

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
I'm a beater this time of year so leg wear for brambles etc. are important to me. I used to have some Harkila chaps but they were too light and ripped on barbed wire. The fasteners were not very sturdy and when going through serious brambles they would pop open. I got some 3/4 Barbour chaps for £17 on eBay which are great with wellies. I can vouch for the Filson Tin Cloth Trousers also. They are literally bomb proof if a little heavy, but can get waterlogged. They'll outlast me for sure.

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys

mace242

Native
Aug 17, 2006
Yeovil, Somerset, UK
oooh an old thread. I ended up with some barbour clones that do the job perfectly. Generally I wear blue castle trousers in the outdoors and they are pretty tough beasites and really really cheap.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE