Brain overload...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
... just so much info to take in :D

Hello,

Im Greywolf and Im a complete novice (apart from my younger days in the scouts) but I followed a link on another forum and found this site.

I am originally from the other side of the pennines, but live in East Yorkshire not far from Hell... erm I mean Hull. Ive got 5 kids and want to be able to teach them a bit about the countryside and the old ways of doing things coz you never know when they might be handy (Ive got to learn them first tho, so thats why Im here LOL)

looks like I'll be reading lots for a while :D

Greywolf

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
welcome greywolf

nice to meet ya

best way to get the kids interested in bushcraft is to sell the telly and refuse to pay the electric bill :D

Tant

Greywolf

Forager
Jun 5, 2005
East Riding of Yorkshire
Tantalus said:
best way to get the kids interested in bushcraft is to sell the telly

Funny you should say that... we have been TV free for about a year now, we still have a monitor for the dreaded PS2 but that only gets used on rainy days :D

They love finding new wildflowers for us all to look up in the books and are getting quite good at recognising various trees too :D

I suppose all I have to do is be one page ahead of them in 'the big book of outoors' so I can teach them LOL

Greywolf

philaw

Settler
Nov 27, 2004
Hull, East Yorkshire, UK.
Welcome! I'm from Cottingham (right next to Hull). It's nice to see someone else from my part of the country on here. I'm also totally new to bushcraft, and trying to pick things up, but haven't really made any progress yet. I enjoy reading about it so much that it keeps me indoors a lot! :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Hi Greywolf and welcome to bcuk, it's good to have you. There's a few people on here with large families so there's a fair bit about bushcrafting with kids, if you've got any questions a search might help you out, if not then just ask away!

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Greywolf said:

I am originally from the other side of the pennines, but live in East Yorkshire not far from Hell... erm I mean Hull.
Greywolf

Hmmm. I was born there. I'm from Anlaby which was an old Viking settlement (Anlafby) in the borough of Beverly just outside of Hull.

I'm new here too by the way and I don't live in Hull anymore.

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Greywolf said:
That is just up the road, I'm in Hessle. I was joking about Hell.. I mean Hull ;)

Greywolf

My sister lives in Hessle. Its not a bad place as places go. I used to bike down to the foreshore as a kid. There was an old quarry nearby where we used to play and I used to be in a cycle speedway team that had meets by the shore.

Some parts of Hull are a bit hellish to be honest. It's not by accident that I don't live there anymore :) .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE