Bow drill workshop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Steve K

Tenderfoot
May 12, 2004
Eastleigh, Hampshire
I'm sorry that I cannot make this one. I'm helping my mum redo her garden (its been five years in the planning).

hope you have a great time and the weather is with you.

Cheers
Steve

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Just to let you know the weather looks fair for sunday. Intermitant showers.
We'll risk it for a swisskit.
I'll be offline after tonight so if you need to know anything ask today.
Don't forget lunch.

See you at 10am on sunday

Timm

Sep 15, 2005
Gloucestershire
Sorry I didn't make it yesterday got half way there and the car broke down, by the time the AA got us going again it was to late.

Hope to come to the next one you do, if there is a next one that is.

Tim

Oct 18, 2005
Kidlington, Oxfordshire, UK
andyn said:
Any photos of what i missed out on? :D

I only took one, rather fuzzy picture with my cameraphone when we were on the plant walk in Shotover.
DSC00046.jpg

I would have taken more but forgot or had my hands full of smoldering hay!

Povarian

Forager
May 24, 2005
High Wycombe, Bucks
Just checked in, so looks like I'm the last to say many thanks to Nick for an enjoyable day.

Got a couple of photos, but I forgot the camera mostly.

Making hearths
nick%20making%20hearths.JPG

Some of the attendees at "fire drill"
bow%20drill%20workshop.JPG

I think I recognise bluebells now...
Shotover%20bluebells.JPG

Some blurry Jew's Ears on Elder:
jews%20ears.JPG

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
A BIG thanks to everyone for coming along yesterday. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Thanks to Willowbark for her input on the plant walk. A very knowledgeable lady :) Thanks Povarian for the Coffee, and great photo's and well done Daniel for getting those embers. Everyone was vey close and I hope you can practice and crack it now. I'll do another one in the summer and Willowbark it would be great if you could come along and help out with the plant walk. Nice one :) a good day out

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Timm said:
Sorry I didn't make it yesterday got half way there and the car broke down, by the time the AA got us going again it was to late.

Hope to come to the next one you do, if there is a next one that is.

Tim

No need to say sorry Timm, these things happen. :( The main thing is you stayed safe and got back OK. Come along next time if you can make it. :)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I was going to say sorry I missed this but looking at those legs Nick :eek: I'm rather glad I did !!! :lmao:

Glad you had a good time. :D

Mark

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Buckshot said:
I was going to say sorry I missed this but looking at those legs Nick :eek: I'm rather glad I did !!! :lmao:

Glad you had a good time. :D

Mark

Thanks Mark............. and I hope you stung your mouth on your nettle soup too :D Thanks. Yes we did have a good time.
It was a mild day. It did threaten to shower a couple of times but we were lucky. One thing about bow drilling is if you don't get an ember you're sure as h*ll warm from trying. Definately up for another one later in the summer. Thanks everyone for coming along. :You_Rock_

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE