Book review

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Hi All,

Out this morning and picked up Animal Tracks and Signs by Prebens Bang and Dahlstrom for a ridiculous £3 hardback, don't think it'd been opened. Caught my eye as had a foreword by Mr Mears. Any good? A quick flick through it and it seems interesting but may deal with more exotic animals than we'd get in the UK but principals should be the same. Any one rate it??

Cheers,

Alan

OK just had a wee search, that 20 sec time limit is a pain, looks like it's OK but not the best...:dunno:

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I rate it. I have the same book, and paid a few quid more for mine so nice catch. It has the normal stuff, prints made by animals, but also how they appear on the ground in relation to each other at different speeds of travel, so walking, running, trotting and galloping, etc. The poo section is quite handy, (a) for identifying scat and (b) for grossing out kids!

:D

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
The poo section is quite handy, (a) for identifying scat and (b) for grossing out kids!

Spam, already done! was flicking through last night and spotted the section, showed the kids and they were suitably grossed (but interested too) had me laughing when I read the post.

I like the approach in the book, like many things you need to see the big picture to gather the right info. Cool for 3 quid, the ice creams were there for cost more and don't last as long,

Cheers,

Alan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE