Bonnie Scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PatrickM

Nomad
Sep 7, 2005
Glasgow
www.backwoodsurvival.co.uk
inver-1jpg-bravo-2.jpg

inver-3jpg-bravo.jpg

Just back from the Highlands sleeping out for a week, scenery and low temperatures similar to
N Canada, Sweden, Norway etc all on our own doorstep...fantastic. Hundreds of deer on the low slopes and grouse warming their butts on clumps of heather above the snow.

Tested out 4 sleeping bags and as always the manufacturers ratings do not match the reality of sleeping in minus conditions......hope to get away again in a few days.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Tested out 4 sleeping bags and as always the manufacturers ratings do not match the reality of sleeping in minus conditions......hope to get away again in a few days.

Which Bags were tested , and which was the 'best' of the bunch?

Down or Synth?

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
A real bonus to get this weather up here as soon as this and as you say a great chance to get out and renew winter skills and test some equipment to see how it really stands up to reality.

Very nice pics Patrick, was out all weekend myself and this time of year is fantastic for hearing the dawn chorus first thing in the morning, the noises coming from nature seem to be even more vivid this time of year.
:christmas2:
Col....

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great stuff Patrick.
I slept in my back garden quinzee last night, never thought I'd be able to say that. Im loving the weather.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Distinct lack of snaw in my airt.:(

Was up in the forest near L Doon the other day and there was only about 3".

Lovely and serene though,good for seeing Crossbills and the Blackcock were in the trees.

Be interested in what bags were tested too.

Robby

Nomad
Jul 22, 2005
Glasgow, Southside
Liking the Photo's Patrick. Our Iain has been at me to get out for a bit. Would be very interested in the results of the sleeping bag tests. Interested to find out how you felt they compared to the manufacturers figures. That's something I always wondered how they rated in reality.

shogun

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 31, 2009
U.K
great..pics..patrick...just..been..on..your..site...which..is..excellent...will..defos..be..booking..up..for..a.course..after..xmas..
cheers..Allan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE