Bonfire causes asthma attack be aware!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
PLEASE, let's not get snippy about things here boys . There has been enough of that on another thread.
I have finaly been back on my feet today for a short time. So I'm on the mend. Still a bit weak and out of breath but improving.
Hopefully it was a one off, and a bit of thoughtlessness on the part of the chap who lit the bonfire. We can all make mistakes and we all know what it can be like trying to get things cleaned up in the garden ready for winter.
I went and saw him today and explained what had happened and he was very apologetic. He now understandsthat it wasn't a great idea and has promised smaller and less impactful burns in future. He is new to the area having just bought and moved into the property and was not aware what effect such a huge bonfire could have.
I am a bottle of wine and an apology better off for which I would not have been had I gone in guns blazing and all uptight about it. He is now better educated aswell and no bad blood.

Exactly my point. You approached the neighbour and had a chat, that’s neighbourly, you’ve made contact with an actual human. Put the council or Fire Brigade in to fight on your behalf and you wouldn’t have that, you’d have conflict.

Reactions: Woody girl

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Exactly! Approach someone shouting and yelling the odds and it will not get you anywhere
I've had a couple of those incidents as sometimes happens when kids fall out. I just shut the door on then and say come back when you can speak reasonably or don't bother knocking again.
I usualy never got another knock but by one mum I have been vilified for being rude!!!! They are people who do not want reason just want a fight and they don't get it when their game backfires :)
I find it funny realy.watching them stomp off with no resolution which they could have had with a different and calmer approach. (Didn't mean my son got away with anything tho!)

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
No Janne it did not affect my home. It was while passing a property on the walk INTO town. I live on the edge the opposite way.
I have learned today of several others living in the centre of town have "gone down" with breathing problems and bad chests.
Read my first post properly!:)

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
I did. You wrote the smoke covered the whole area.... :)

Our first house in Sweden, we discovered that the top floor ceiling had huge cracks behind the wooden (picture rail? ) profiled bit between the ceiling and walls, along all outside walls..
Neighbour did a grass and moss burn, and we got smoke coming into the house when the extractor fan was on.

Ripped them out, made good. This lowered the oil bills substantially

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Glad you're on the mend. Hold off the wine until well, alcohol is a poison and no good reason for it until 100%. Quite a scare I reckon.

You did the right thing with your neighbour. If you didn't do that and ended in conflict there's only losers. Btw don't you have to inform potential house buyers of any neighbour conflict if you sell?

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
Glad you're on the mend. Hold off the wine until well, alcohol is a poison and no good reason for it until 100%. Quite a scare I reckon.

You did the right thing with your neighbour. If you didn't do that and ended in conflict there's only losers. Btw don't you have to inform potential house buyers of any neighbour conflict if you sell?
Thanks mate. I'm going to use the wine as a Xmas pressie. Wine makes me drunk!! ;)
I think you are supposed to declare problem neighbours but if it's going to stop people buying your house and you realy wanted or needed to move...... would you? ????
Anyway this chap is about 1/2 mile away and not realy a close neighbour. He has a couple of smashing dogs tho, so we bonded over them straight away!

Reactions: Nice65

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE