Boil in the bag Meals

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikeybear

Forager
Feb 15, 2010
UK
What is the best small container to use to reheat boil in the bag meals in;

small billy cans and the crusader system seem a little small compared with the
size of the boil in the bag pouches.

Thanks

MB

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
brit issue boil in the bags should go in the crusader no probs, just need to be squished to fit, or use the mess tins and lie them down in them.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
The steel storage containers from Wilkos and Morrisons are tall enough to take the pouches, you just need to add a brake cable bail arm and you're away.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
In case anyone hasn't seen these, you can make your own boil in the bag pouches for taking away on trips.

http://www.polylina.co.uk/pour&store.html

£1.20 (ish) for 10 from supermarkets. They have a flat bottom for standing up, so you don't need a bowl. They can be rinsed out and re-used too.

Not seen those ones before, thanks I'll keep an eye for them next time.

I've used the boil-a-bags from Lakeland for quite a long time now, it's nice to warm some homemade food up and then have a brew from the same boil.

Stagg chilli and cheap tinned chicken curry are favourites for the bags :)

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
In case anyone hasn't seen these, you can make your own boil in the bag pouches for taking away on trips.

http://www.polylina.co.uk/pour&store.html

£1.20 (ish) for 10 from supermarkets. They have a flat bottom for standing up, so you don't need a bowl. They can be rinsed out and re-used too.

How do they handle being used to cook in? I ask as the web site says they shouldn't be used to cook in.

Cheers,

treefrog

Aug 4, 2008
South Yorkshire
No, you can't cook in a microwave with them, the plastic will melt.
Boiling them in water is just fine as they are designed for pouring very hot liquids into.
Get mine from Tesco's

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE