Board improve

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

faca

Forager
Dec 10, 2003
SPAIN
Hello for should be fine:
The possibility to attach pics into the threat using this site no another.
Each time you conect to the forum shows the new threats in all categories.
Enjoy

giancarlo

Oct 5, 2003
Jersey, Channel Islands
Personally, i think this board (phpBB) is one of the better ones out there..
There are some right shameful ones kicking about .

Attaching pics to the current thread is a good idea, i think it might be suported in this, but it does start taking up a lot of server space / bandwidth when people start posting any old rubish they want.

Seeing all posts from all catergories.
you can already do this, if you look in the front page and then at the top right you can see a "View posts since last visit" link.
That will bring up all the new threads added to since your last login.

I wouldn't mind seeing the "avatar" (small personal image under the your name on the left) implemented, can be fun setting them, give it a bit more personality.
Then again, for the same reason as posting images.. . when you download a full page it will take twice as long because of the extra images being downloaded...

Hope it helps

Cheers
Carlo

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks Giancarlo, not much to add to that.

I am planning on sorting out the avatar situation and as for people putting up pictures it really is a bandwidth and not deep enough pockets thing :cry: I have increased the bandwidth on the site for 3 months running now and next month I am going to move to a new server. If I get a good deal it may be possible, but when this place uses up it's allocation I have to get the credit card out.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
What's your bandwidth like? I have some suggestions for you that may help.

Tony said:
Thanks Giancarlo, not much to add to that.

I am planning on sorting out the avatar situation and as for people putting up pictures it really is a bandwidth and not deep enough pockets thing :cry: I have increased the bandwidth on the site for 3 months running now and next month I am going to move to a new server. If I get a good deal it may be possible, but when this place uses up it's allocation I have to get the credit card out.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Here's a company I've been with for a while that was recommended to me by a dev guy who has been with then for years:

www.compila.com

Dead easy set up, cheap and unmetered :lol: :lol: :lol:

The board comes with the deal, as does MySQL. I'm happy (and I'm used to a stable site as my main site is with Demon Internet where we pay mucho dough!!!)

Depends on the number or megs you want but it might work for you.

Not associated with them in any way other than being a happy customer! :-D

Tony said:
I should have said monthly transfer allowance :oops:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE