Bloody Samsung Galaxy adverts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

awarner

Nomad
Apr 14, 2012
Southampton, Hampshire
While I appreciate that advertising is common place on most sites can we have the option as paid members not to see them?
There is a constant audio and video blast advertising a Samsung Galaxy device and it's completely ruining my experience here.
It only appears to have started today so wondering if the site has had an update and this has slipped through?

Any help to make it go away would be a great help.

Cheers

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Yeap there is software out there that can help i couldn't handle accessing the internet without it, since reinstalling it after the reinstall of my OS back in march it has blocked 1'298'120 adverts from my sight whilst browsing the web

Last edited:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Sorry to hear about that, has anyone else had this happen?

We've not changed anything for months and usually any adverts need to be activated in some way to produce audio.

Guys, I'd appreciate it if you'd stop jumping on any mention of ads with advice to chuck adblocker at them, PM etc all you wish but we can get all of our advertising cancelled on us if we allow comments like that on the site and while the advertising income is small it's important to us for keeping the site going, which as users should be important to you as well as me. We're supposed to remove anything like this and we don't because I try to give everyone options and get that things can be frustrating, I also appreciate that many people take the site for granted and have no real regard for the expense of running it and growing it and only see things as an inconvenience to them personally rather than see it from a bigger picture.

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Sorry mate blunderbuss foot in mouth moment, won't happen again on my part

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE