Blizzard Bags

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
Fantastic things - really really compact until you open them (can be used afterwards but you'll never get them as small). I carry one as a heli pilot in the winter, in the summer I tend to just 'dress to survive', I know a few other lads who've got their own too. Also carry it in winter for solo day trips sometimes instead of a bothy bag

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I reviewed these for a couple of magazines.
Great kit, but quite noisy so not for non emergency use.
I carry one in my canoe kit all the time.

I've been going on about these for years:soapbox: pmsl and I think there is no other product on the market as good that will save your life like these. I bought the tube that will take a couple of folk :p and it was under £30. It's always in my canoe pack. To be honest I'm gobsmacked more folk don't have them, they really are lifesavers and zillions of years ahead of a mylar blanket and bivibag!

Gailainne

Life Member
Though with a rucksack inside they do work marginally better as an improvised toboggan in winter :rolleyes: :D

:lmao: I used to use my...damn cant remember what it was called, it was a light weight clear plastic smock in weird colours with a hood and front pouch that the whole thing folded into ?

Anyway me and my mates used to use them summer and winter to slide down the local hills, thats when we couldnt get beer trays from the back of the local pub.

Stephen

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Hi
Fantastic kit for emergency use.Go for the tube or sleeping bag. I think these are better than the jacket or blanket.
I keep mine along with a down duvet jacket for out in the hills all year round. Alot of Mountain Rescue Teams and forces medics use these now as the casualty's first layer.
You could use it as a regular sleeping bag but it would be rather noisy and not that pleasant next to the skin.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
OK I'm convinced.:D
So where's the best place to buy from?

I've seen the main site and the cost seems reasonable.
Is there anywhere better.

wildrover

Nomad
Sep 1, 2005
Scotland
Coatbridge.
I may have a look in the new(ish) Go Outdoors place.
Failing that it will likely be the Blizzard website.

Thanks for the input.Helpful and informative as always.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE