Blades for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
I am now making some of my blades (and other tools) with the BCUK leaf on them. These are ONLY available on the forum and at BCUK meets. As I have items ready for sale I'll stick them up here :)

so, following the Moot I have a few blades left and they are looking for a new home(s) ;) I will put a couple of other things in separate threads in this section too btw.

The small blades are made from my preferred 1.1% steel and are selectively tempered, so you can file/grind/drill the tangs and blade spines quite happily. The prices include UK postage and PayPal fees.

bcukblades0011.jpg

the stick tangs are £35 and the full tang is £40, NOW £30 AND £35 RESPECTIVELY

Also I have this parang blade. £65 delivered NOW £60 DELIVERED. It's made from CS80CrV2, a high carbon spring steel that I am enjoying right now. Again, the spine and tang are tempered back and on this one the thickness tapers from about 7mm at the tang to 3mm at the tip, full flat forged blade by the front end, but the first couple of inches is a little thicker behind the edge to allow for a wide bevel to be sharpened on. So as FGYT would put it, a flandi grind blending into a full flat with a convex edge further down; Ideal multi-edged blade format? ;)
bcukblades0010.jpg

These are all I have a present and I'll not be making any more for a few months I shouldn't think as I'm a bit busy with shows etc until the end of the summer at least! So get them while they are hot, so to speak :cool:

thanks

Last edited:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
I bought one of these BCUK blades at the moot and I'm well pleased with it. goodjob

It's going to be even better when I get a handle onto it :)

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
glad you managed to get it home without losing it again mate :lol:

Duncan, too right mate (the drinks not the shiny :p ). I've a little tipple that I'm sure you'll appreciate too, certainly went down well around the naughty corner this week ;)

Mojoracinguk

Nomad
Apr 14, 2010
Hereford
Interest in as far as, searching for 15 mins to find this thread this morning to see if they had gone…. Ahh just seen it was in trading post/Dave Budd and not a makers market et al.
Could that have been an issue?

The Parang would be mine right now if I had a legitimate use other than swinging it at the local undergrowth twice a year (oh and if I had the required cash warming my pocket) As the finish looks spot on to me. Mirror polished blades are for fine work in my eyes and heavy working tools should be left as such so you don’t ‘go easy on them’ in case the finish takes a knock.

P.S. how did your logo come about?
When I raced an old tzr My ‘race team’ was Mojoracinguk (hence my user tag) and the mascot (My little jet black Whippet) became the logo of a Black dog at full stretch on Yellow Background…Great minds and al that ;)

Hope my posting helps keep this thread in the public eye, all the best with your sales.

Mojo

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
the reason that this is here and not in the classifieds is because I'm not allowed to post things that I make for sale there on account of me not doing it as a hobby :rolleyes: :nofeed:

It does seem to mean that putting things for sale in the traders section is proving counter productive!

You don't need a reason to buy a parang. If you like it then you will find a use for it :D :dancer:

as for my logo....

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
the blades that are in the pictures above are all ready and awaiting new owners. I do have some other blades (without the BCUK logo), but they are going with me to the Wilderness Gathering next week ;)

Stew, I agree! I thought that it would be the first to sell when I took it to the moot :dunno:

_scorpio_

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 22, 2009
east sussex UK
take the parang, if it doesn't sell before, so i can go ooooh... aaaah....
have you considered putting a handle on it? people may be tempted but find it a bit too big and prefer to handle a knife instead.
very tempting price though.... seriously a bargain...
i sense i will leave that show with a light wallet...

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
top and bottom are 4mm, the middle is 3mm tapering down to about 2mm.

don't forget that these are proper wedge shape geometry, not a flat bar of steel with an edge; so they are much lighter than a wood clone ;)

stevec

Oct 30, 2003
Sheffield
can't find the edit post option. sorry dave, i've just had to go out and buy a new hoover, so i won't be able to take the parang (even if it was available) antoer time.

best regards
steve

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Steve, no probs mate. It is still available if anybody else fancies the parang blade ;)

Claudiasboris, the full tang is also available. Sitting here just waiting for somebody to love it and put a handle on! There are plenty of tutorials around about fitting a fulltang, it's not rocket science :D Drop me a PM if you would like it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE