Blackberry Wood camp site 1

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Went to the Blackberry Wood campsite this weekend with Maver(who organised it), Jon Pickett + son and Phil562 + daughter.

What a great little site in East Sussex (not far from Brighton).

The individual site areas where surrounded by shrubbery so there was an element of privacy. You were aloud fires and you could take your own wood, collect fallen wood or buy bags of logs, Jon braught down loads of wood for us in his Landy.....cheers buddy.

There was plenty of areas for hammocks and tents or basha's.
Woodland all around and a small stream, we even managed to tap a small Birch.
As with most sites there were clean and tidy toilets and showers, all in all perfect place for kids and bushcrafters!.

The only down side, its so popular it gets fully booked really quick.

A big thank you to Maver for sorting it out, and a big thanks to the others for helping to create a perfect weekend. :D :D :D

All most forgot site entertainment was by Shaking Stevens and his family (well he looked just like Shakey.........and they did sing alot...lol)

Phil you forgot to give me the Candle lantern........... :lmao:

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Excellent place to stay, beautiful woodland. I was woken in the morning with a nightingale singing away in the tree behind me. The couple who own the place came round and were really nice and stopped for a chat. Was great to see you guys again, and Phil, Amber is a little star. I would highly recommend this site to anyone who wants to take their kids somewhere for a night out, plenty of trees to climb, streams to cross (not deep) etc. Nice relaxing weekend, look forward to the next one...................Jon
dsc01722jpg2large5go.jpg

Overlooking the woods

dsc01747large3yf.jpg

Lovely stream (spot the deer crossing point)

goodmoon6sd.jpg

Moon was on good form

chiffchaff4oh.jpg

Chiff chaffs were singing all around us

Phil562

Settler
Jul 15, 2005
Middlesbrough
Just like to mirror what Jon and Pete have already said

Top place, ideal for kids young or old :p

Ambers first night under a Tarp and she's still raving about it, so much SWMBO says I can take her more often, next stop Petes place :lmao:

Pete - Your right, I did forget :D

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
Glad you had a good one lads and it is good to see Maver actually made it :D

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Phil562 said:
Just like to mirror what Jon and Pete have already said

Top place, ideal for kids young or old :p

Ambers first night under a Tarp and she's still raving about it, so much SWMBO says I can take her more often, next stop Petes place :lmao:

Pete - Your right, I did forget :D

As you know Phil you and your family are all ways more than welcome over my way. Will speak soon to sort it out.............................and the lantern :lmao:

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Top weekend

No prob sorting it out guys

As Jon states above the Chiff Chaffs were on good form, including one suicidal one that tried to land on my right shoulder.

Oh and Pete, dont forget "Hambo" :lmao: :lmao:

A

Annie

Sounds like a great weekend & fantastic site - when's the next one? I'd love to go.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Annie said:
Sounds like a great weekend & fantastic site - when's the next one? I'd love to go.

Will keep you informed Annie, it really was a great place.
They get booked very quick but we did speak to the owners who showed an interest in us using the site out of season.

CLEM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Looks like it will become even more popular as the site was featured on the breakfast new this mornning during a piece about the growing popularity of camping holidays.

pibbleb

Settler
Apr 25, 2006
Sussex, England
Hi there to one and all.

My daughter is six and loves the outdoors, almost as much as me, so I thought it was about time to do the Ray Mears thing together. This site seemed to be the best place to get her under a basha, clean toilets etc, but with an open fire, salmon cooking over the flame!

However, site booked every weekend we can go up until June. We are very sad!

If you run anymore weekends, I'd def be interested so give me a shout especially if the little ones are aloud.

Pib

P.S. any othr suggestions of where we can go, as she's new to the whole outdoor thing I'd rather it be in the Sussex area.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
The campsite has been voted the best in Britain and has been on the radio and telly recently, so it will be very busy for a while. If we do go again, we will put the details up on here first as a few people have shown an interest...............Jon

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
I've got a weekend booked there in May sometime - we put the deposit down a few weeks ago - just before it started appearing on the BBC website etc.

On the one hand I'm pleased that it's been recognised as a top notch campsite (I haven't been there before so I'm looking forward to trying it), but on the other hand I'm gutted as (a) it's guaranteed to be packed and (b) as it's a "cool" campsite, is it going to be rammed with a load of yuppies?

Oh well, I'll have to wait and see.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
mark a. said:
I've got a weekend booked there in May sometime - we put the deposit down a few weeks ago - just before it started appearing on the BBC website etc.

On the one hand I'm pleased that it's been recognised as a top notch campsite (I haven't been there before so I'm looking forward to trying it), but on the other hand I'm gutted as (a) it's guaranteed to be packed and (b) as it's a "cool" campsite, is it going to be rammed with a load of yuppies?

Oh well, I'll have to wait and see.

You will be ok, they only allow a maximum of 20 tents in the wood and there is plenty of room and also space between the camping areas. Have a good time there and let us know how you got on.................Jon

Nov 14, 2005
Northiam, East Sussex
I'm also booked in there for the first weekend in May (5th-6th), didn't know it was so popular!

Looking forward to it now.

Marka, if thats the same weekend your going, I'll be one of the yuppies 'comfort camping' in a big tent!

Have a good one either way

Geoff

Morning Fox

Forager
Sep 30, 2008
Reigate
Just got back from 3 nights at blackberry wood, is a lovely little place. Very convenient and worry free so definitely more of a family place.

Considering we arrived on the 27th December I was expecting it to be empty but there were three other pitches there, although we pretty much had absolute privacy.

Can definitely vouch for this place, the surrounding wildlife has obviously come accustom to humans and the pheasants and blackbirds boldly walk around up to a few foot away. I really had to keep my slingshot deep in the bottom of my bag as those pheasant sure looked tasty! :D

Lovely place

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE