Bivi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
About £1.26 Dave :D But then it's down to negotiation with the aspirations of the seller....Breathable, roomy and lightweight are more important than waterproof though. What did you have in mind, mate?

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
For that price I can do you a binliner. :D

just wondered what your max budget was?

**Dont know if it's what your'e after, but I had one custom made by a guy called John West in the USA. [Nothing to do with the tinned fish bloke...:rolleyes:]

After a fair bit of specifying, and some custom alterations, for just an extra $5[!], he made it and I've been very happy with it.
[He doesnt charge for extra material!]

For the UK, he recommended M90 [instead of M50] as an outer, and Silnylon bottom, extra wide at the chest and shoulders, and legs with side zip/ nano no see-um mesh.

I got it delivered for £60. From the States.

http://www.borahgear.com/sidebivy.html

To be used with a tarp of course.

I think mine weighs 200grams.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
Nothing in mind mate. But I probably wouldn't want to blow a fortune on an 'all out' bomb proof thing that I don't really need. I do have a very light thingy that is just pertex (I think it's MLD) I wanted something similar for my son (but I'd it's good he can have mine :D)

I did have another which I had modified with a zip and mesh vents but I seem to have mislaid it :(

Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
OOOooo, thanks, mate :eek: I was hoping to steer clear of 'issue kit'. However you could convince me by assuring me that it is waterproof, at least 85 cms at the shoulder and weighs less than 1kg???

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
For that price I can do you a binliner. :D

just wondered what your max budget was?

**Dont know if it's what your'e after, but I had one custom made by a guy called John West in the USA. [Nothing to do with the tinned fish bloke...:rolleyes:]

After a fair bit of specifying, and some custom alterations, for just an extra $5[!], he made it and I've been very happy with it.
[He doesnt charge for extra material!]

For the UK, he recommended M90 [instead of M50] as an outer, and Silnylon bottom, extra wide at the chest and shoulders, and legs with side zip/ nano no see-um mesh.

I got it delivered for £60. From the States.

http://www.borahgear.com/sidebivy.html

To be used with a tarp of course.

I think mine weighs 200grams.

Dave you are a god. ive been looking for something like this for a long time.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Dave you are a god. ive been looking for something like this for a long time.

God's going a bit far. I used to be a legend in my own mind, but then middle age crept in, and now Im not as thrilled with myself as i used to be.:p

Seriously though, he is a good guy to deal with.

If you need an idea on sizing let me know.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Well, Im a side and stomach sleeper, [arms out, hands under pillow.] So Im comfiest sleeping in a light down jacket, with my bag unzipped if possible. I dont like to feel constricted.

Im 6 foot, 43/44" chest, 35"waist, longish arms, 14 stone.

I got a bag measuring 82" Girth at shoulders, and 64" girth at foot. Which turned out to be a perfect fit for me. I like to sprawl a bit.

John is helpful and will give you a good idea on dimensions.

Its a cracking deal when you consider the nearest bivy to it, is probably an MLD superlight at something like twice the price.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE