Bison tipi

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Green Arrow

Nov 5, 2006
Hampshire UK
Very excited , thanks to members’ help and advice I have now ordered a Bison Tipi from Madbear Outdoors. I have gone for their new one, the Bjorn 4 which is double guyed and comes with a ground sheet. They are not in yet but should arrive in time for the Bushmoot .My lavu oven has already arrived and looks good. Will post a review after the Bushmoot and let you know how it works out!

Cheers to everyone who helped, particularly Ogri the Trog

:D

Brendan

Nomad
Dec 1, 2004
Surrey UK
Very excited , thanks to members’ help and advice I have now ordered a Bison Tipi from Madbear Outdoors. I have gone for their new one, the Bjorn 4 which is double guyed and comes with a ground sheet. They are not in yet but should arrive in time for the Bushmoot .My lavu oven has already arrived and looks good. Will post a review after the Bushmoot and let you know how it works out!

Cheers to everyone who helped, particularly Ogri the Trog

:D

Is the Bjorn made by Bison in Norway or by Madbear ?

Green Arrow

Nov 5, 2006
Hampshire UK
I think the Bjorn is made for Mad Bear in Norway ,as they are waiting for them to arrive, should be the end of May I think.

I went for the Telt stove from Madbear, I liked it because it has been painted with heatproof paint, I had heard about rust problems with the Helsport ones and thought this might help it last a bit longer. Some of the pipes will need a bit of touching up where they have rubbed against each other but that should be no problem with a bit of barbeque paint. You need to burn it for a bit outside the tent on first use so the paint can off gas. I was going to do that this weekend but the rain had other ideas!

Aug 4, 2008
Edinburgh
How did you get on with your lavvu from mad bear ? I have been looking at the one you got and would be very interested to see what you think of it before I consider buying one.

Thanks

Green Arrow

Nov 5, 2006
Hampshire UK
Got on very well at the bushmoot with my new Mad Bear tippi. Plenty of space inside, enough to sit comfotanbly on 2 chairs and cook on a triangia - with sleeping bags and kit all inside! Kept rain out well. A few wasps got in as they were everywhere at the moot but opening the top vent meant that they flew straight out. Quite easy to put up and pack, tent well designed and made. Will be drilling a few holes in the central pole to provide hanging space. The ground sheet worked quite well. All in all very impressed and would recomend it. Only thing is the pegs bend very easily so I would ditch the ones you get with it and spend a few quid on some from a camping shop. Have not tried it with the stove yet but may get a chance in sept.

:)

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Were you pitched by the two camper vans or on Tipi Avenue? I saw quite a few tipis there, I'm still tempted to get one but until my family decides to come along I will hold fast. I don't want to get a monster tent for just me, but on the flip side don't want a smaller tent and then they all want to pile in!

Green Arrow

Nov 5, 2006
Hampshire UK
Was on Tipi avenue, second tipi in ! Tipi was had quite a bit of space, good for two in brilliant comfort compared to a dome tent ,maybe room for a child to depending on if your just sleeping or eating etc in there. If there a more of you a bigger one might be better.
Seemed about the same size as next doors tentipi one.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I've seen the bison 4 and I think Matt Weir has the 8. Obviously, I'd go for the 8 if the wife and kids were interested at all. The four looked like a nice comfy one to two person tent though, I've seen a few where just one guy was kipping in them and they looked very comfortable!

S

shamanpan

The Mad Bear Lavvu's are just Brilliant. They are well made. The only exception are the pegs which are weak. The Lavvu is constructed well, good stiching and material. Mine is the VILDMARK 4 which is water proof and good in wind.

I happen to be selling one which I bought for a family member but he changed his mind. It as only been used for one night, so therefore as new. £325 including postage would secure.

peterkeys205@hotmail.com if any one is interested or collect in Sheffield for £315

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE