Bison bushcraft ventile smock!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
You just missed your chance to buy one on here - cheap!

Anyway yep - I own one and would recommend it to anyone, it is a really good jacket. Order a size larger than you take (i.e if your a 42 chest order a 44) as I find it a tadge small across the shoulders but then I am quit stocky.

Another good jacket and much cheaper is the US M65 jacket - this is one i like to use in the summer.

And of course if you dont mind camoflage the soldier 95 jacket is ok too.

But if you can afford it the ventile with its bugly pockets etc is worth the price.

Hope that helped.

J

JeremyH

I am a great supporter of the natural stuff (eco responsibility etc)- I use a wollen coat made here on Islay for the winter as used by the Ghillies. I have just taken receipt of the Bison Bushcraft Jacket. Unfortunately could not get Gary's one, I was too wee - boo hoo. Inspite of the price it is absolutely superb. I have had it for a week and already can see that it will become a major piece of kit.

jeremyh

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
If your after ventile and the money is tight why not DIY it, (see the thead in here called somthing like DIT Ventile jacket). My fabric is on the way from Point North (the makers didn't have any decent coloured seconds) for the princley sum of £33.50, all up the jacket will cost less than £45 inc pattern.
Cheers
David

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I made my own, less than £70, and plenty of material leftover for my next project (a decent hat!). There is a picture posted on an article DIY Ventile if you want to check it out.
Neil1

Richie

Forager
Feb 3, 2004
North Wales
I use the Wilderness jacket from Snowsled, a great bit of kit, which can be customised by yourself if you let them know what you want.

Richie

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
When doing a DIY smock, what thread did you use?

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Richie said:
I use the Wilderness jacket from Snowsled, a great bit of kit, which can be customised by yourself if you let them know what you want.

Richie

Do you have details or a link for this?

Cheers

Mark

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
Snowsled do not have a website for there ventile clothing you have to ring them and they will send out a cataloge.

although they dont advertise it they are quite happy to do major custom work as long as you can use standared jacket as the base for the design

I'll see if i can find their number

CM Burns

Tenderfoot
Oct 24, 2003
London
Snowsled make wonderful kit - i also have a Wilderness Jacket and it's fantastic. Be aware though that Snowsled do not use a double layer of ventile but a single layer with a light fleecy liner. This makes the jacket lighter, more weatherproof and quicker to dry than double ventile. The only real downside is that i find it to be quite a warm jacket and only use it in the cooler months of the year.

Ventile is an awesome material - great performance and almost indestructable.

dtalbot

Jan 7, 2004
Derbyshire
Ventile arrived today and although it is supposed to be seconds I have failed to find any fault so guess I got lucky as one fault in a bolt would have made it all seconds. Piccies will be posted as soon as its done. I'm really excited as I'll have exactly the specs of the jacket I want hand made in my dream material for less than £50! Lucky my wife is a brilliant hobbiest seamstess.
David

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE