Birthday Wild Camp on Mull :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hello folks,
Hope you are all having a bonny day. I am looking for a bit of advice as I am very happy to say that it looks like myself and boyfriend are heading to Mull for my birthday next weekend. I have never set foot on Mull but am hoping to wild camp though my boyfriend mentioned something about hostels which i think is fair enough as a backup. I am hoping this trip will also give him a fantastic or at least adventurous introduction to more wild camping and am looking for some hotspots and recommendations on where is good to pitch up. I can assure you we will have the greatest respect for the environment we are in and to be honest I don't think we will be using much local resources as much of our time will be spent hiking and exploring plus i am wary of stepping on someone else's toes and turf.
So where is a good wild camping spot on Mull?
Thank you folks :D
Kat

Davengf

Mar 2, 2016
Poole
As far as proper wildcamping is concerned, you are spoilt for choice but here are a few thoughts.

The southern shore of Loch na Keal (by B8035) is good - easy access to path to Ben More.

There is an official wildcamping site at Calgary Bay - Nice location but popular!

Basic campsite at Killiechronan at the head of Loch Na Keal - Great location.

Wild camping site at Lochbuie on the side of Loch Buie, 200 metres west of car park - Honesty Shop at car park. Great walks from site around Loch Buie. Loads of choices in the area but there is a polite notice asking that campers use the suggested area and to be honest, seems rude not to and 2 of the 3 times I have stayed there, I've had it to myself.

Basic Campsite at Uisken - Great location in a little bay - Rights to Foreshore 'belong' to one of the locals - Charges a couple of quid a night. stayed there a few times and normally quiet.

There is a proper campsite at Fidden nr Fionnport - Great location for the ferry to Iona.

Hope this helps - Enjoy.

Last edited:

Davengf

Mar 2, 2016
Poole
You're welcome!

Mull is my favourite island on the West Coast.

I'm heading up to the Outer Hebrides in May/June and will be spending a few days on Mull on the way through - Any excuse :rolleyes:

If you get the time - Iona is well worth a visit on a good day.

Have fun. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE