Bird ID

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
This lunchtime as I was preparing to take a few pics of an oncomming thunderstorm (which happened to be nothing more than a damp squib :()a couple of smallish birds landed on a cable & I just took a pic of them killing time before the storm arrived & thought nothing more about it. I had no idea what they were as they were too far away......just a random shot. Well upon uploading them onto the computer & enlarging the pic I couldn't believe my eyes........I think I've got a pair of Red backed Shrikes which is a first for me........thought I"d pass it by here for confirmation:D
Anyway here is the original pic..

And enlarging it as far as Photobucket would allow

So what d'ya think ?

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
I agree looks like the butcher bird to me so rare and a pair is a great thing to see the rspb would be interested in the sighting as a pair is a rare sight indeed less than 5 sightings where documented by the rspb last year :)

P

Passer

Congrats:)
RB Shrikes indeed.
They have been making a very tenuous return to our shores in recent years.
Your pic, hopefully, shows that the return is continuing.
Might be a good idea to be vague regarding the exact location, at least in public.
Congrats again.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE