Birch-Tappers Dream - A Scotch-Eyed Auger and Belt Sheath

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
This is a Scotch-Eyed auger. Just add a stick for leverage and go and drill holes in things. They are ideal for tapping birch in Spring, which does, I grant you, seem a long way off at the moment. This one measures 10" long and cuts a 1" hole

The sheath is made from 3mm veg tan leather which has been dyed and waxed for durability.
I'd like £25 for this including p+p.

3066345234_a9ca8bb6dc.jpg

3065503927_0bacc44ae2.jpg

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Blimey that was quick. Sold pending funds.

If I can find some more of these augers I will put more like this up for sale.
Nick

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
Funds received with thanks.
I don't know about a group buy, but I will certainly make a couple more if I can.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I love the workmanship but I sometimes wonder about all these things on belt loops, are we going to end up looking like climbers with masses of gear dangling down from our belts as we jangle our way into the woods. With climbers I sometimes think there is a competition, he who has the most gear wins

240px-climber_with_equipment.jpg

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I love the workmanship but I sometimes wonder about all these things on belt loops, are we going to end up looking like climbers with masses of gear dangling down from our belts as we jangle our way into the woods. With climbers I sometimes think there is a competition, he who has the most gear wins

Oooh multipitch. Years since I looked that silly, well, and jangly.

Must get back into it.

I'd love one of those scotch augers but I've gone off leather, it must be all the holes in my fingers from stitching it so much.:rolleyes:

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk

Haha:)

Shep's first law of bushcraft: All shiny things must wear leather.

I actually made the first one (mine) without a belt loop, but they add so little bulk/time that I figured it's worth having the option.

I'm glad you like it Shewie.

I can take orders for up to 5 more. My finger needs to heal a bit, but I can get them to you by Christmas

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
Haha:)

Shep's first law of bushcraft: All shiny things must wear leather.

I actually made the first one (mine) without a belt loop, but they add so little bulk/time that I figured it's worth having the option.

I'm glad you like it Shewie.

I can take orders for up to 5 more. My finger needs to heal a bit, but I can get them to you by Christmas

I'd love one if you are putting together more - it's one of things I always look to get but never get around to. Count me in for one if there are more going.

Tom

shep

Maker
Mar 22, 2007
Norfolk
That's 3 ordered (pending funds) and I have 2 more going, once I've made the sheaths.

I won't be able to deliver before mid-Jan, but I can 100% guarantee that they'll be with you before the sap starts rising!

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If anyone wants to borrow mine they`re welcome to have a go whenever you like, as long as I get it back around the end of Feb :D

verloc

Settler
Jun 2, 2008
East Lothian, Scotland
I wasnt sure if this was happening or not so i bought one from fleabay - not with a pretty sheath mind you so im afraid i will have to cacnel - but if there are ones made specifically for me when i showed interest and no other takers then I'm sure I can sort something out shep - wouldnt leave you out of pocket mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE