Birch Sap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SquirrelBoy

Nomad
Feb 1, 2004
UK
Just been out in my local woods and had my first taste of birch sap. - fantastic !
I made a little `tap` from a twig, then pushed this into the cut in the bark id made with my knife. The sap flowed quite quickly and very soon I had a enough to drink.

It really does amaze me when nature provides like this, makes you feel that much closer to her :)

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
I've just been harvesting the birch sap too - quite impressive the speed at which it comes out. I've read it tastes like birch flavoured distilled water - I'd agree, but it does have a vague hint of sweetness.

Unfortunately I don't have any wine making kit!!

Mar 2, 2004
birch vampires!!!
birch trees? really,cause i got one outside my flat and i dont want to get poisoned.tell me your kidding.....

martin

Nomad
Sep 24, 2003
nth lincs
I've been out today too. Got nearly half a litre from one tree in just over one and a half hours. I make pine needle tea with it too, but don't boil the sap with the needles in add them later when you take it off the heat.
Boiling the needles destorys the vitamin C in them.
How long will Birch Sap keep? In the fridge or out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE