Bilmo-p5 bush shirt

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Well I am one happy bunny.

I have been hankering after a light wool bush shirt for some time, but did not really take to many of the commercial offerings.

I happened across a post by bilmo-p5 selling a shirt he had made, but someone had snapped it up before me.

After some discussion via pm bilmo-p5 agreed to make me one to my own specifications.

- scooped back
- single right handed breast pocket
- large enough to put a thick. jumper under.

We batted some very aprox sizes betweek us and within a week this was ready for me.

5f95b7f3-0aa9-d37c.jpg

The fabric is light and dense, it is the same wool as army uniforms used to be made of.

The build quality is fantastic and the fit is great. I have yet to give it a good test outdoors. But I will sort that today

Comparison with my swanni

5f95b7f3-0c9b-4bb6.jpg

5f95b7f3-0cd9-e7d1.jpg

5f95b7f3-0cec-90d0.jpg

Oh I think I forgot to mention... it was 1/3 the price of my swanni

"Sent from the back of beyond using new fangled technology"

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
To be fair the swanni is almost double the weight and considerably thicker, though not as tightly weaved

But the bilmo is great would I buy a swanni over it........ Probably not

Big Si

Dec 27, 2005
nottinghamshire
Having known Bilmo-p5 (Ian) for a number of years now I cannot recommend him highly enough, I'm sure he would only be happy when he Knew you were happy with your shirt. The man takes pride in his work and it shows. He also makes tarps as well. A very talented chap by all accounts.

Si

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Had the opportunity to test the shirt out over the past couple of days. And my verdict is it is bloody amazing.

I had a standard cotton t shirt underneath and from 0 down to -3 I did not need anything else. I was moderately active and at around -3c I put my swanni over the top and down to -5c I was plenty warm enough at this point I climbed into my bedroll.
5f95b74e-dbbc-dabc.jpg

I was in amongst thorns, sparks, wet undergrowth and dripping canvas. I felt warm and comfy and the shirt still looks like new
5f95b74e-dbd3-38f2.jpg

All in all, one quality product!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I got one too, in the Christmas brantub, and I second this verdict entirely. Brilliant bush-shirt, very warm, but neither thick nor heavy. Very comfortable to wear. My wife has already made comments about me having been sewn into it, I'm wearing it so much.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE