Billy for you

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigjackbrass

Nomad
Sep 1, 2003
Leeds
I've just taken delivery of a new Tatonka billy can, bought from wiggle.co.uk; daft name for a shop, but rather charmingly they include a pack of gummi logos with the order. Anyway, I saw one of these cans in a branch of Blacks a year ago, but it was badly dented and I could never find another until I eventually tracked this supplier down.

The handle locks into place, useful when pouring, and the can itself seems a little wider and shallower than others of similar capacity (mine's a one litre version, there are several larger ones available). Best of all, though, is the lid: stainless steel, as is the rest of the can, and a perfect shape to use as a bowl or plate, it also has a removable wire handle to turn it into a frying pan. The lid also fits the can well when inverted, so if you need a double boiler it should serve admirably. All in all I'd say these are worth a look. The ones sold on the Ray Mears site are very nice too, but when you remove the slightly weird dish insert the lid doesn't fit. I found that an odd design.

tedw

Settler
Sep 3, 2003
Cambridgeshire, UK
Excellent find! :) And you didn't mention that they're about half the price of the ones on Ray Mear's website (before postage) :-D . I shall be getting the 1.6 litre one.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE