Bigger firesteel?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
May 28, 2009
UK
Has anyone seen the Fireflash firsteel? Is it just me because the ferro rod on it seems bigger than the LMF army firesteel. If it is I'm getting it! :naughty:

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
iv got one and it seems identical, at first i thought it was a cheep light my fire knock off but then i read 'the origenal swedish firesteel'
i got mine last year at the war and peace show where some bloke was selling them for £6 each but they all looked quite old to me.
im thinking it is just an older brand name for todays light my fire.

have you found some?

pete

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
Another favorable comment for Firesteel.com! Great to deal with and great firesteels. I have some of the smallest ones and I keep one in my matchsafe with my strike anywhere matches. They also have a cool aluminum tube firesteel that you can keep on your key fob, very well made. Cheers!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Indeed Pete but they are an alloy - known as misch metal. Magnesium does not burn on its own when shaved. So if you can shave magnesium off, it explains why they don't work.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
For some reason this is painfull to admit but as part of one of my convoluted exchanges of kit a pal in the US is sending me a Firesteel Tube Bunker.

The oppurtunity came up and I thought what the hell, its not costing me real money.

No doubt it will become a family heirloom.

ATB

Tom

dogwood

Settler
Oct 16, 2008
San Francisco
For some reason this is painfull to admit but as part of one of my convoluted exchanges of kit a pal in the US is sending me a Firesteel Tube Bunker.

Given the size of those, I would guess they're another common item that is outlawed in the UK as a possible weapon, right? :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE