Big predator tracks in snow but who?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
Hello I found these tracks today near my home. I followed the track for quite a while and no human signs were around and it had walked like it lived in the forrest so probably no dog! :D I'm very sure that the tracks in the pictures are from the same individual. In some pics there seems to be 5 toes and in some 4 toes! Perhaps it stood still and just changed the angel on the toes and pressed down twice in the same print? For sure it traveled very slow.

My bet is on Lynx! What do you think?

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Wolverine track, compare it to the 3rd pic down .

p1171401-1.jpg

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Wow, those are some nice tracks!

I do think 2 different animals; wolverine and lynx seem the most likely. Maybe the first tracking the second for some scavenging?

Tjurved

Nomad
Mar 13, 2009
Sweden
Yesterday I was out at the same area as where I took the pictures last year in the first post in this thread. I found these tracks. I wonder who has made them. Hard to know, the individual track signs are not visual any more but the pattern is clear. Any ideas?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE