big lads looking for a sleeping bag on a budget?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigandy

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
horwich lancashire
After recent conversations with a couple of big lads on here and trying out some kit (we tend to struggle for kit to fit unless we pay big bucks).
I was thinking of alternative places for stuff. took the mrs into wigans wilkinson store(absolutely huge)by chance and found these
http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/Sleepi...cDPfxIrYzUvEu76RzzM6wutKTeo9AOCB tDs76aYYKg==
Yeah i know its not technical but for summer use should be ok, for winter i have my military artic bag.
So anyone else know of places were they do very big stuff that might be of use?
Mods if you want to move this to another part of the forum feel free.:)

bigandy

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
horwich lancashire
I like that. Any idea how much it weighs and what size it packs down to?

Specification
Type: Sleeping Bags Self assembly: NA Brand: Gelert Capacity: NA Colour: Blue Depth: NA Diameter: NA Height: 200cm Material: NA Pack quantity: 1 Power: NA Size: NA Machine washable: NA Width: 100cm

432fac04-5426-11de-92c7-12313b0039c1
Customer Recom

thats about it i will try get a look when i am in town again

Paul3103

Dec 30, 2009
East Yorkshire
I saw one of those in a camp shop in (Kingston Upon) Hull - or 'ull as the locals call it.

It looked good and I went to grab one of the packed ones, and it was MASSIVE!!!!

Far too big for me (bike touring), but would be ok for people not carrying the world on their back/bike.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Is any of the US army gear any good for you ? Without trying to be stereotypical a lot of their gear has some really big sizes available. Might be worth a look if you don't mind multicam :)

Buy an old 80's n 90's issue arctic down bag with full length central zip. Comes with nylon non beathable bivi bag. These come in around £20-30 if you can get them but prices are going up as they are becoming rarer. I'm a big guy, and I find them huge. They are designed to be used with a wool inner bag but are reasonably good for uk use in winter without it if you dress warm.

PREPER

Settler
Dec 31, 2009
Notts
You could get two smaller bags and zip them together
OR make your own out of 1 and a half bags.

PREPER............... :)

I use a snugpak with an expanda panel. Toasty......

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I was in lidl and aldi today and spied some quite large looking sleeping bags for a tenner in each.

Could be worth a rummage.

Jakata

Dec 16, 2009
Northampton
I got one from ebay called big bag. Its not huge but its better than the standard size that come up to my armpits. Quite roomy round the middle too.

I think this is the one. Its not army but despite the awful picture its quite good for the price and the compression bag it comes in packs down fairly small. Its not something I would use in the winter without some thermals but seems OK for spring/summer/autumn.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-ARMY-MILITARY-CAMPING-BIG-BAG-SLEEPING-BAG_W0QQitemZ190388519024QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Collectables_Militaria_LE?hash=item2c540a4070

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE