Big Flecktarn Coats from Germany

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
Hi All,

Don't know if this is in the rightplace. I have struggled for years at various surpluss places int he UK to get a big enough flecktarn coat for my size - 6'8" and long armed - found a seller in Germany on ebay - he had a great stock including GR19 and 20 - communications were great. The coat and liner about 14 quid each, 9 euro postage - arrived in 4 days and like new. So a recommendation really for the following seller on ebay and for any big guys who struggle to find the right sizes here.

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/olddublins/

No affiliation with the seller, just really pleased with service and quality of the jacket

Cheers

Rich

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
I have one of these from a game fair a few years back, its water resistant but not waterproof, decent pockets... I added a liner from another coat/

Bigrich

Jan 26, 2011
Malvern
No wouldn't have said waterproof like the newer gortex ones, but I would reckon that for normal British weather they'd be fine and certainly tougher in the woods : )

Dave-the-rave

Settler
Feb 14, 2013
minsk
With the liner removed they make a great robust combat jacket. Just be vigilant with the sizes as they're long hence ''parker'' The zip's a bit naff as is all the German gear for some reason. They're not water proof but fairly windproof and dry quickly. Great jacket for the money. Mine was £14. I wore it all summer long on the bike in that hot weather.

a3ff2fc4-5c8e-46ba-a6d9-1074b68b95a1_zps05a5dbcf.jpg

Just remembered...I've found the sizing is a bit odd so if you try to go shorter in the length the sleeves might be too short.

Last edited:

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Not quite sure yet.... i'll have a look at it properly later. Need to measure my chest too, not bought a new coat for a while.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I think I'm a 16 on their chart, 189cm tall, (nearly 6"3) 117cm chest ( 46 to 47")

Whats this referring to? ... Dt.Größe

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
If you guys can all send me a PM with Your chest Measurement I'll have a chat with the seller.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Last Bump for this - I'm just speaking to the seller to get 3 units sent over ( I'll repost from here ).

If anyone else wants one gimme a PM.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE