Big Bird walking staff !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
A walking staff I made recently, hazel with antler top. The antler was an offcut of antler I bought for my knives but it was screaming out 'I want to be a walking staff'. The eyes are taxidermy eyes for a Sparrow hawk. Still not quite finished I need to blend the wood to the antler a bit more, but the bark is still quite green so don't want to risk any more sanding for now.( it has been cut since January), then I will give it a coat of matt varnish. - I don't like really shiny sticks !

I may even work on the beak a bit, give it some nostrils and carve a line for the top / lower beak.
I hope you like it !(when you have stopped laughing that is )

When I showed it to my girlfriend her comments were -'if you think I'm walking with you when you are carrying that thing, then think again' !

DSC_0043.jpgDSC_0044.jpgDSC_0045.jpgDSC_0046.jpgDSC_0047.jpg

Perrari

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
You may of hit the nail on the head there ! After all if she is wiling to be seen with me, then why should the stick be a problem !

That's hilarious! Great imagination mate to see that in the antler and then use it. Well done! I think your girlfriend's just jealous and secretly wants one of her own. :lmao: Wimmin are fickle like that.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE