BG and Miranda

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i don't know who this miranda is of which you speak, but she certainly seems to have got enough backs up. what on earth is it that she does to make so many people dislike her?

Feb 15, 2011
Elsewhere
Not seen this one & haven't a clue who Miranda is but I did see the show when he was with Jake Gyllenhaal in Iceland & I have to admit it was thoroughly enjoyable. A calm, knowledgable & almost tender Bear Grylls was a pleasure to watch (& Jake was up for anything)............if only he could be like this on all his shows :sigh:

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
A calm, knowledgable & almost tender Bear Grylls was a pleasure to watch (& Jake was up for anything)............if only he could be like this on all his shows :sigh:

Hopefully, the 'tenderness' will be absent for Mr Ross. I'm with Kepis-watch him suffer :)

negtneg

Dec 29, 2010
Northamptonshire, UK
I was disappointed in that it didn't really show the viewer anything about the 'how', it was much more about the personalities - like one minute they're both abseiling, the next BG is at the bottom coiling up the rope! How'd he get it down? Also, where did all of that wood come from - I'm sure I saw some pretty substantial square cut stuff at one point!

I hate 'the magic of television', and much prefer the warts and all approach (like the early ray mears stuff) - but, distracting enough for the dull Christmas season :)

And definitely looking forward to seeing that over inflated self opinion that is JR outside of his comfort zone

S

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
A good bit of fun, getting a celeb out of their comfort zone for a few days

Looking forward to the Wossy one too :)

pastymuncher

Nomad
Apr 21, 2010
The U.K Desert
like one minute they're both abseiling, the next BG is at the bottom coiling up the rope! How'd he get it down?

S

Pretty standard abseil technique, double rope ab and pull one side of the rope to retrieve. He may of set up a trick ice screw removal belay but I doubt it, probably an abalakov anchor.
As for the wood, it doesn't make the most interesting tv, watching someone pick up a few sticks.

Never understood the slating these type of programmes get when you look at the rest of the junk on the T.V.
I'd rather watch this than some over inflated ego learning to dance or eat some bugs.:confused:

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
I liked it a lot :) Thought her witty banter brought out his fun loving side too, it was a nice watch compared to the hours of cops n robbers I usually get inflicted with when the house menfolk get their hands on the poke ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE